It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
(female)

bugalugs83 HB User
how do i feel happy again?

im 25 and a full time mum to my beautiful son. he has autism and its very hard sometimes to cope as i have chronic fatiuge and depression/anxiety. i have my partner with me but his hours at work means we hardley see each other and it really takes its toll on our relationship. i havent been happy for the last year now and im at my wits end as what to do to feel like i did before. my son is 3 now and has problems of his own so all my attention goes to him and now hes starting to progress a little which is great although i feel like im slipping within myself as my fatiuge and anxiety are sometimes so paralyzing that its hard to concentrate at times. i just feel like a robot with out a cause and in desperate need of help and advice.
im tired all the time and my mood swings are starting to cripple my relationship with my sons daddy ( my partner) im depressed most days and feel like there is no point to me anymore besides crying myself to sleep each night and worring about my son and the outcome of what my problems will do to my family and my relationship. im scared, sad and exausted all the time and i dont know what to do....
please help,
Tracy

Old 02-19-2008, 05:54 AM   #2
(female)

bellablue2 HB User
Re: how do i feel happy again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugalugs83 View Post
im 25 and a full time mum to my beautiful son. he has autism and its very hard sometimes to cope as i have chronic fatiuge and depression/anxiety. i have my partner with me but his hours at work means we hardley see each other and it really takes its toll on our relationship. i havent been happy for the last year now and im at my wits end as what to do to feel like i did before. my son is 3 now and has problems of his own so all my attention goes to him and now hes starting to progress a little which is great although i feel like im slipping within myself as my fatiuge and anxiety are sometimes so paralyzing that its hard to concentrate at times. i just feel like a robot with out a cause and in desperate need of help and advice.
im tired all the time and my mood swings are starting to cripple my relationship with my sons daddy ( my partner) im depressed most days and feel like there is no point to me anymore besides crying myself to sleep each night and worring about my son and the outcome of what my problems will do to my family and my relationship. im scared, sad and exausted all the time and i dont know what to do....
please help,
Tracy
Hi Tracy: My son has ADHD. It is extreamly hard to be a parent with a child with ADHD. I have Bi-polar so it a no win situation. I understand what you are going through. Things get better. When my son stated school it was wonderful. He is on Med's now and that helps. He is 7, but still it is very hard to handle him at times. I love him so much, but it is hard. I always ask my self why. Am I a good mother ect. Just know hopefully things will get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #3
(female)

Pat007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugalugs83 View Post
please help,
Tracy
HI Tracy,

I hope you have spoken with your OBGYN or medical Doctor regarding how you are feeling.

A couple of things you might try would be a:

Good Vitamin B complex -- just ask a pharmacist at WalMart or CVS
Give this time to work and take on a full stomach,

Try some Omega 3 Fish oil. 1-3 capsules daily. WaMart sells these as:
Fish/Flax/Boarage oil- 1- after breakfast or lunch, and try one at bedtime. It might help you rest better.

Keep us posted in thenext couple weeks.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
(female)

kjo99 HB User

Sometimes it's hard to make even just one phone call when you are feeling tired and depressed. You might see if your son's pediatrician has any info about a parent support group. You might also try your local hospital - the information desk might have info on support groups for parents with children who have disabilities. There is probably an autism website that could possibly direct you to a support group online if there isn't a group in your area. It helps to know that other people are going through the same kinds of things.
I agree that you have to go to a doctor for your depression. It's hard to make that first visit but you can do it. You're strong because of everything you have already been through. People always say to "get help" but they don't tell you where to go or how to pay for it. Start with any doctor you know, even your son's pediatrician could give you the names of doctors that you could see for your depression. Please don't be embarrassed by your fatigue or depression. There are so many people who feel like you are feeling. You are not weak or lazy because you feel the way you do.
Good luck.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
(male)

David 12321 HB User

I'm so sorry. I think you need to find a really good therapist and a really good doctor, both of whom are familiar and sympathetic to CFS. I'd go nuts without my therapist. he he It's true though. I can talk and talk and talk about how I'm feeling, how it's affecting me, etc. The great thing is that they get paid to listen so we don't have to feel guilty about dumping on a friend all the time. If you don't have insurance or money for a good therapist, there are ways to get it paid for. Find a good advocacy group in your city and work with them. It's amazing what they can do to help us get what we need. For gosh sakes don't cry yourself to sleep alone night after night, that's just going to make it worse. Find a really good therapist and doctor. Just be careful with the doctors. Many of them still think we are nuts and some of the ones that don't have a tendency to put us on a lot of medicines, many of which will exacerbate why we saw them in the first place. There's help out there. It's tricky but you can find it. You found this forum! Good luck and keep us posted.

Closed Thread