It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #1
(male)

Tejus HB User
Please Please Help out this newbie

I have recently thanks to my own efforts discovered that I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome CFS. This has been a huge revalation for me and suddenly everything makes sense...why I could never concentrate...why I never did well for someone who's as smart as I am.

Anyway, in The Nutraceutical Revolution by Dr Richard Frishein he has recommended Gingko, Licorice, L-Tyrosine and Ginesing. I am supplementing these after breakfast with limited results and more than these I am on Modafinil which has made a significant difference. However, I am told Modafinil is not a long term solution and indeed I feel the efficacy wearing down a little bit. What I generally do is stay 5 weekdays on and 2 days of the weekend off Modafinil.

I undestand after some research that insomnia and ADD are actually symptoms of this condition. I have tried to treat them seperately with fish oils & Attentrol for ADD and Melatonin & Zopiclone (and other stuff) for insomnia.

If anyone has any suggestions to help me out here I would be most grateful. What else could I take? Are there any specific timings I should take these to be more effective? Anything else I should try diet/lifestyle wise? What has worked for you?

I would love a cup of coffee, but unfortunately am caffiene sensitive (It never rains...it pours)

Please help this unexerted but tired guy. Like many of you my life has really been miserable because of this condition. Always being treated like a lazy good-for-nothing. Am 27 and really worried about my future. Not been able to do well academically cuz of this and the horrible life situations it's brought on me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
(male)

Easynothing HB User
Re: Please Please Help out this newbie

Hey Tejus. My names Mike. I have MD but I keep an eye on CFS because my main issue that I have is staying focused and I have no energy to function. I'm in the same boat...people think I'm lazy but they have no idea how hard I work to do basic things like raise my arm. I do work more hours then most people but I have to stay very limited movement wise to get through the day.
Don't let people get to you.
I have been messing with the vitamins for years trying to get energy. I have got my muscles working but my brain and energy is much harder to battle. Something I learned with the natural (fish oils) or whatever it may be. For me I need much higher doses of certain things to get help from them. I love how I feel on fish oils rather then not but I take 2-4 times the recommended dosage and I need it right before bed and every morning. Did you read about phosphatidylserine? It helps me concentrate in combo with the ginkgo and fish oil. There is also Royal Jelly (watch for bee allergy). You can ask Dr or read about DHEA and see if a low dose could help you out. For me the trick is doing multiple things at very exact dosages everyday and night.
This is what I will do every morning for energy and focus before work.
DHEA 50mg
6000mg fish oil
600mg phosphatidylserine
240gm ginkgo
1000mg tribulus
6000mg royal jelly
1 cayanne cap
2 curcumin cap
2 tbs apple cider vinager with water
15 mg NADH on empty stomach
2 ounce flor-essense cleanse
When I do this I can tolerate caffinee which I would never be able to handle otherwise.
I'm not reommending you do this. It's good to learn about these and talk to heath care professional. If I don't do anything out of this I am too tired to function and can't focus.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:51 AM   #3
(male)

Tejus HB User

Thank you Mike,

I shall be printing out what you have suggested and checking it with all the information I have and also perhaps try a few things and see how they work for me.

I thank you again for taking the time to reply and pray that your condition improves rapidly.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
(female)

nicobot10 HB User

I have tried tons of supplements and treatment plans for my CFS, and so far nothing has worked at all except for Provigil. I just started taking it about 2 months ago and it has drastically increased my quality of life.

Closed Thread