It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

Stacey79 HB User
Heat sensitivity with CFS?

Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone else with CFS suffers from heat sensitivity? It has been an ongoing problem for me ever since I became unwell. The other day, I went to a family lunch (outdoors) & even though it was a very mild day (24 Celsius/75 Fahrenheit), it was overcast. So any heat that came through was trapped by the clouds & for me, it felt like I was sitting in a car on a hot day. I feel like I'm being smothered by heat. Anyone who came up to me and gave me a hug kept asking why I felt so hot. Even sitting under a verandah on a mild day, the heat that gets trapped under there gets to me so quickly & I end up feeling really tired and dizzy.

Does anyone else get this. And also, does anyone else find that their hands and feet become hot and swollen easily? Thanks.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SusanG50 HB User
Re: Heat sensitivity with CFS?

I turn the air on in the car when it's 49 outside...........does that answer your question ? LOLOLOL Hubby says I'm freezing him to death.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
(female)

kelly2007 HB User

I am hot all the time....in the summer I get so tired very quickly...esp when it's humid....I get hot in the winter as well...even when other are freezing around me. I also sweat at nights...

Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

Stacey79 HB User

Thanks - phew! The humidity really gets to me as well. This heat sensitivity is just so annoying and embarassing sometimes. I have a large extended family & there are family get togethers regularly. Every time we sit under their verandahs - even if it's very mild - I overheat every single time, in no time at all. And then I feel so dizzy I hate going to places where I can't be in control of the temperature (ie anywhere but my home and car).

It's really hard, because I feel embarassed to use heat sensitivity as an excuse for not going places - especially when it's such a mild day. What's the point if I have to leave after half an hour or an hour because the "heat" got to me (when it's not even hot to other people). A few times, I've gone inside to sit (on my own!) & everyone is wondering what my problem is. I feel like such an outcast!

I've had my thyroid tested & it's OK, but this problem with heat sensitivity just hasn't resolved. It's bad enough having all the other things that make it difficult to do normal things that other people do, but then to have external factors such as the temperature added to that.....

Old 04-15-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
(female)

prussianblue HB User

I'm wondering if you ever had heat stroke, or sun stroke ? I recall one day I stayed out far too long and I became dizzy, nauseaus and exhausted and it took days to recover. Since then it has has happened two more times. They say you become more prone to sunstroke once you've had it. Be very careful - and never mind what the family thinks, it is extremely dangerous.

I also notice I dont sweat in the heat. Other people will be dripping in sweat and I'm as dry as ever. But I feel sicker than they do. I learned to always carry a wet cloth with me, and that does the same as sweat - cooling down the skin a bit.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
(female)

knittygirl14 HB User

I have just the opposite problem. I can never get warm! This is a problem as I lived in California last year and this year I moved back to upstate NY. I have not been warm in 6 months. Even now that the weather is starting to warm up, I still have chills down to my bones. My feet and hands never seem to warm up and they HURT!
The weird thing is I also cannot seem to shiver a lot of the time when I am cold. Maybe because I am so tired.
Does anyone else experience this?
I turn the heat all the way up in my office at work and put on 2 sweaters and still I am cold. My coworkers think I am nuts.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #7
(female)

kiya HB User

Yeah, I'm with knittygirl on this one - I can never keep warm. My feet are permanently like ice blocks, despite thermal socks and woolley slippers!, and my hands are also very cold. When I'm at home in my study, I sit between two radiators and still feel cold in my extremities!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #8
(male)

David 12321 HB User

same here. I'm very sensitive to temperature. My feet and hands are constantly cold; so much so that my I can't touch my partner at times. They are like ice cubes. Also, any big changes in temperature, i.e. a cold front, can really make things flare. big time.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
(male)

parisean HB User

Those of you who are cold sensitive, have you talked to your doctor about Raynauds Syndrome? It can make your extremities cold, and cold to the touch. Your skin may turn white or blue or red.

I'm heat sensitive. As I have gotten worse, I can tolerate less and less heat. 70 degrees is my limit now. I can't sweat either, I just turn red. I have to carry a damp cloth with me as my personal air conditioning, or I over heat.

Paris

Old 06-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #10
(female)

Postie HB User

Hi Stacey:

Just became a new member today so I found your post. Was looking at the different posts. I have CFS. Dr. Bell explained why the heat bothers some CFS. He had me take the low blood volume test. It's a 2-1/2 hour test. I don't have enough blood and when we have that problem the heat is overwhelming because the blood pools down toward our feet and does not flow properly until we are laying down.

CindyLou

Closed Thread