It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
(female)

ELECSKIN HB User
do i have cfs

hi ive had a chest cold virus about 6 weeks ago and from about 3 weeks ago ive felt really weak my legs and arms hurt so much i practically cant go out the house my doc says i have a bit of post viral fatigue, but reading all these boards it seems its a bad thing to have can anyone tell me how to deal with this i havent slept for 2 weeks now which is making me tired an depressed ive posted on here on couple of times but havent had any replies i feel so alone on this my family just keep saying dont worry it will go in time but i feel my life has just gone i cant look after my kids like i used to!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
(female)

dancing2709 HB User
Re: do i have cfs

Hi, I have just been diagonised with CFS. My doctors have been brilliant and done every possible blood test they could carry out - all of which came back clear. I had a virus 8 weeks ago but have been left really tired, sore arms and sore legs. I really struggle as I have three young kids. Do you have good days and bad days. What really helps me is aromatherapy massage and I take a tonic twice a day. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
(female)

ELECSKIN HB User

hi, everyday seems to be about the same really allthough i have seen a little improvement this week ive tried to do a bit more this week other than just resting. what has your doctor told you about the timescale of recovery, my doctors have said its more likely to resolve itself within a few months with pacing and rest. Its just so scary not knowing when you will feel you again. did you have a real bad virus? i was so very ill with the virus for a good 4 weeks.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
(male)

Nikonian HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECSKIN View Post
hi ive had a chest cold virus about 6 weeks ago and from about 3 weeks ago ive felt really weak my legs and arms hurt so much i practically cant go out the house my doc says i have a bit of post viral fatigue, but reading all these boards it seems its a bad thing to have can anyone tell me how to deal with this i havent slept for 2 weeks now which is making me tired an depressed ive posted on here on couple of times but havent had any replies i feel so alone on this my family just keep saying dont worry it will go in time but i feel my life has just gone i cant look after my kids like i used to!
Iím not trying to contradict what you have been told, but I think you need to wait and see.
Iíve only recently been diagnosed and its taken me 4 years of tests to arrive here, its been a long painful and tiresome 4 years, anyhow hopefully youíll pick up soon and forget this awful illness, Iím sure you can imagine how depressed others are after years of feeling this way.
Oh and, nice to see another from Lancashire!

Closed Thread