It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
(male)

ABC1111 HB User
Horrible Fatigue. Messed up hair analysis

Hello all,

I have a horrible fatigue and I am not sure what it is. Recently all the usual blood tests are FINE. The liver enzymes and inflamation tests are within normal. The electrolytes, the complete blood count are normal. The only thing is that ceruloplasmin is smallest unit lower than minimum.

However hair analysis has show that

Low: Sodium, Potassium, Lithium, copper (cu), manganese, iodine, Sulfur, barium, Cobalt, Germanium are low (with almost non existent lithium <0.004 ug/g or < 2.5th percentile)

Very high Zinc (Zn) levels.

I got very high ration of
Zn/Cu, 32.5 normal is (4-20 range)
Zn/Cd > 999 normal is (> 800)

Cd=Cadmium

Anyone has idea what is this that I am having?

High: Mercury, Antimony, Ultra High Zinc

It seems that I have gotten rid of Mercury (later urine stress test showed that I have much less Mercury. I don't know about Antimony though).

The fatigue is killing me! I am totally not functional and now I drink coffee multiple times per day (doesn't help much).

Ideas? Thank you very much for help

Old 03-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
(female)

Cilla007 HB User
Re: Horrible Fatigue. Messed up hair analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC1111 View Post
Hello all,

I have a horrible fatigue and I am not sure what it is. Recently all the usual blood tests are FINE. The liver enzymes and inflamation tests are within normal. The electrolytes, the complete blood count are normal. The only thing is that ceruloplasmin is smallest unit lower than minimum.

However hair analysis has show that

Low: Sodium, Potassium, Lithium, copper (cu), manganese, iodine, Sulfur, barium, Cobalt, Germanium are low (with almost non existent lithium <0.004 ug/g or < 2.5th percentile)

Very high Zinc (Zn) levels.

I got very high ration of
Zn/Cu, 32.5 normal is (4-20 range)
Zn/Cd > 999 normal is (> 800)

Cd=Cadmium

Anyone has idea what is this that I am having?

High: Mercury, Antimony, Ultra High Zinc

It seems that I have gotten rid of Mercury (later urine stress test showed that I have much less Mercury. I don't know about Antimony though).

The fatigue is killing me! I am totally not functional and now I drink coffee multiple times per day (doesn't help much).

Ideas? Thank you very much for help
Hi,

the only thing I can think of is maybe your diet - sometimes high carb diets can cause chronic fatigue. I tried this myself as I had chronic fatigue myself by going on a detox program. You can find these at any health stores. Sometimes you don't actually know if your body is sensitive to different foods maybe get this checked? Watch things like white flour, potatoes, white bread, white sugar and caffeine, artificial sweetners, low calorie soft drinks, preservatives and artificial colorings. The best thing is to eat wholesome foods like brown rice, heaps of fruit & veg and lots of water. Have you tried massage and do you take regular exercise?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
(male)

ABC1111 HB User

Thank you very much for answers. I do NOT find that diet to be a problem. I just got very bad Urine Copper results. High copper, almost high enough to fit into "Wilson" disease.

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
(male)

liverock HB User

Could well be Wilsons disease as low ceruloplasmin and high copper urine are indications. As most of the copper is being stored in the liver in Wilsons Disease there will be low blood levels which will cause fatigue.

Closed Thread