It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
(male)

edinburghchico HB User
Advice on stoping (a probable) CFS progress?

Hello,

About three months ago I had a pretty big illness and it never really went away. Nothing is showing up in my blood tests, I'll feel fine, go to a class and then sleep all day and the weeks are passing by so quickly I barely can believe its been 3 months.
Anyway this sound a lot like CFS so if there is any possibility that it is, could you please give me some advice to keep it from progressing. On diet first of all, when my sickness kicked in I lost wait, now I'm almost chubby. I feel exhausted after I smoke, I tried to stop a few weeks ago but the withdrawl seemed a hundred times worss than normal (Ive quit before but enjoy the habit)(I know, thats terrible), but should I REALLY try to quit? If you have any advice please give it, the past few months have been some sort of hell, things just pilling on top of each other. I'm used to a very active way of living and this sickness makes me feel like some entirely different person(act like one too sometimes). Ive read your stories and reasearched a bit on the web and its all very frightening. If it's bound to happen let it be but I wont take risk of ingnoring the whole thing.

awaiting your advice

cheers

Last edited by edinburghchico; 03-14-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User
Re: Advice on stoping (a probable) CFS progress?

First thing, if you smoke, you should quit. That's good advice for ANYONE, CFS or not, any other illness or not. I'd talk to your doctor about the best ways to get yourself off of the cigarettes ASAP.

Secondly, if you were to think of CFS as a monster, then this is a monster that THRIVES on self-denial and Type 'A' personalities....it eats those kinds of people for breakfast. I was both of these things when my illness developed and I refused to give up everything in my life for it. I continued working a very stressful job, continued going out and drinking with friends, and absolutely refused to stop lifting weight and running at the gym. Needless to say, all those things piled up on me and I came crashing down with such force that I eventually lost ALL of those things by absolute force.

You see, CFS is very much of a 'destroy the things you love or the things you love will destroy you'. It's very sad and quite shocking to go through...I know, I've been there, but you have to ease up on yourself NOW while you still have a chance to recover from this illness quickly. I'm a believer in that if you take it easy from the start, live a clean life, eat well, immediately tackle whatever emotional or physical issues you may be going through, your chances of a quick recovery improve dramatically.

I wish you the best of luck with this and please keep these things in mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread