It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
(male)

tom66 HB User
Marshall Protocol in UK anyone?

Hi Everyone

sorry if this might have been mentioned in earleir posts but I can't spend long at the computer screen as my eyes can't cope with more than about 15 minutes looking at the screen at the moment (had M.E/CFS/CFIDS or whatever it might be for 14 years and the last few have been pretty bad).

I've been looking into the Marshall Protocol on their website and to me it sounds like it has possibilities (having tried a whole lot of treatments over the years) but the trouble is it's not at all popular/recognised in the UK for dealing with auto immune/inflammatory disorders, all the references are to people being treated in America or Australia. If i wasn't such a chicken I'd do the protcol without a medical person overlooking the treatment but I know that is discouraged on their site. So has anyone managed to convince a Gp or other to over see the Marshall Protocol in the UK and if so who was it and how did you get on? Best of health to you all.

Thanks

T

Old 05-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
(female)

LittleSammy88 HB User
Re: Marshall Protocol in UK anyone?

Hey there, Im also looking for a doctor in the U.K to do the marshal protocol. I was sent a list of doctors in the U.K from the actual study site. Only on was in my area, called Dr Myhill. It didn't say she had any people on the MP but it did say she was interested She is one of if not the top doctor in the U.K for M.E. Unfortunately she isn't taking on anymore patients at the moment. Everyone seems to have a different opinion of what C.F.S is.

I think the MP looks really promising, its just very hard to get your head round if you have C.F.S. As I imagine you do, I find it very hard to take in and remember any information. I am going to try the lightening process before the M.P. I am uncertain of it but I have nothing to lose as my parents are willing to pay for it. If it doesn't work well I can always go on the MP after. Have you managed to to find a doctor yet? I have a list that was sent to me by the MP study site so if you would be interested in that I will post it on here. xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
(male)

tom66 HB User
Re: Marshall Protocol in UK anyone?

Hooray A REPLY!! Hi LittleSammy88 thanks for getting back to my query, I've already come across Dr Myhill, there aren't many Docs that interested in M.E. so I know she's pretty rare (she's keen on improving the mitochondrial function with supplements), If you're interested there's a doc closer to home for you in Bolton,Dr Wright, I suggest you find his details off the Bolton M.E. group website (type into search engine).
Thanks, I'd really appreciate the list of MP doctors in the UK though I suspect I might know a few already (it's possible they may have just tried it the once or twice and moved on because it's not an easy way for patients to get better, lots of dedication required).
I think I've tried enough over 14 years to know that The Marshall Protocol seems the most scientific and comprehensive treatment for many auto immune disorders, it's a pity the docs in this country don't have the foresight to give it a go on the experience of patients in America. All stuck on CBT and graded excercise in the UK. I've tried the Lightning Process (copy the link below into the browser bar and you'll get a bunch of replies from the post I left). I personally wouldn't suggest you do it, but you'll only know if you might get some benefit from it by giving it a go, you should know within a couple of days whether it's for you, if not don't keep on at it relentlessly for 2 weeks till you walk yourself to a very painful standstill followed by a year and a half long relapse! I don't like the way the LP is promoted or run, very dubious (it is after all a form of Neuro Linguistic Programming designed to treat people for anxiety disorders/phobias). Good luck if you do decide to give it a go. Let me know how things go, I won't be critical

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=523715&highlight=lightn ing+process[/url]

TOM66

Last edited by moderator2; 05-18-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: unnecessary quote

Closed Thread