I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 4 years ago. This past October of 07 something hit me out of nowhere - like being hit with a truck - and I haven't felt good since.
1. Headaches so bad I couldn't walk.
2. Lymph node pain on both sides of the neck.
3. Fatigue so bad I was in bed for almost 6 weeks straight.
4. Weakness to the point I only took showers when I absolutely had to.
5. Had to quit working and ended up on Welfare.
Fast forward to now, May of 08
1. On meds so the headaches are minimal.
2. Stll get the lymph node pain, but, meds keep the edges off.
3. Fatigue is still really bad, REALLY bad, but, I can hold down a full-time job. Outside of that, I can't really do anything.
4. Still have alot of weakness, but, I can shower everyday (lol) now.
I have friends/family who give me advice to
1. Exercise - yeah right, I can't even get out of bed most days.
2. It's your age (My sister's a year younger and can do twice as much as me).
3. It's your medication (I had it worse BEFORE I was on the medication).
4. There's no lab test to prove CFS/fibro, therefore, it doesn't exist.
Anyway - based on my symptoms - what do ya'll think?