It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
(male)

David 12321 HB User
sweating with cfs?

I go through periods where I have a really bad problem with sweating if I am active. I do laundry, I sweat. I walk my dog, I sweat. I walk around the mall, I sweat. I get out of the shower, I sweat. ok, i think i made my point. this comes and goes (fortunately) I'll literally be soaked if I don't rest. My hair will be wet like I just got out of the shower. My clothes will be wet and clinging to me, as a result, i'm infamous for changing clothes multiple times and taking numerous showers or baths daily so it doesn't get nasty. I'm a bit of a hygeine (ie?) nut so it bugs me in addition to being irritating.
Does anyone else have this problem with cfs? If so, do you also have fibromyalgia? I'm almost certain it's the cfs causing it as I had this problem long before I recall the Fibro coming into the scene but I have such a hard time knowing what is causing what. So I'd be really interested to hear if other people out there have this symptom also. If so, have you found anything that helps? I'm not big on chasing cures but it would be great to figure out a way to stop or ease this when it happens. Weird thing is that it comes and goes. It can be months and it won't happen. Then it starts and can last for quite a while. Good thing is that I know it will eventually go away.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
(female)

wherewasIgoing HB User
Re: sweating with cfs?

Oh yeah.... Rheumatologist diag. fibro a year ago. Neurologist just added cfs to the list. Currently in a non-sweating phase -- which proves there is a God! -- but can definitely relate; except for the walking around the mall part, legs just not strong enough, long enough to accomplish that one. Last summer, however, just thinking about walking around the mall would have had sweat dripping from the tip of my nose. Truly, I did not know there were sweat glands on my eyelids! I'm kinda hoping this will only happen in the summertime. If you have info to the contrary, don't tell me .... I just love surprises.

The only thing that seemed to give me any comfort was resting directly under the ceiling fan, which was on high, with the air conditioning turned down to 68 (sorry Mr. Gore).

Since I believe I've had cfs as long as I've had fibro, I can't help much with which one causes the sweating. Hopefully, someone else will add a post that helps us both.

Stay cool ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #3
(male)

Nikonian HB User

Yes I have CFS/fibro, yes I sweat like you, but all the time I don’t have good times.

I’ve had this for about 20 years, some years I don’t get it but instead I get a worse complaint, I get a scratchy itching where I could tear my skin off its so painful, this can be brought on by just entering warm’ish room.

When I get this at home I will often walk outside to cool down, I will often be found outside in frosty conditions with no shirt on, sometimes this can take 30mins or so.

I went to various doctors regarding this but never got an answer, all they pointed at was the capillaries ?? Somehow when I’m on one of my itching years I am totally unable to sweat NO matter what I do, so obviously they are connected.

Don’t suppose I’ve been of any help to you,

I would just like to ask you though, how do you attend a wedding in the summer wearing a suit?

Last edited by Nikonian; 06-08-2008 at 02:47 AM.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
(female)

wherewasIgoing HB User

As it happens, my son was married three weeks ago in Dallas, Texas. Fortunately, the wedding and reception were in a nice, cold church with attached reception room. Good thing, since it was 92 degrees (F) outside!! I survived by drinking LOTS of cold water. I also skipped wearing stockings, but that one is probably not much help to you.

I'm sorry that you have to endure either the sweating or the itching. I have noticed that if I become even slightly dehydrated, my skin, especially on my arms and back, does itch like crazy. Uping my water intake and applying skin moisturizes (like Aveeno lotion w/oatmeal) helps me. Also, my doctor recommended I cut showers to three or four short ones a week. Of course, this only works when I'm NOT in the sweating phase.

I wish you much luck in finding your own solutions, and thank you for passing along anything new you may come up with.

Stay cool!

Closed Thread