It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
(male)

forthurst HB User
Gupta Amygdala Retraining for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Has anyone tried this or knows anything about it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User
Re: Gupta Amygdala Retraining for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I know of a gentleman who has been on this therapy for around 3 months...unfortunately, he's not making out very well so far, but he's not giving up on it just yet either.

Last edited by CFD 333; 05-23-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
(male)

forthurst HB User

Has he given you any insight into the mechanics of this process.

P.S. Your helpful answers with regard to the effects LP Training have now been deleted by a moderator and the board closed.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Thanks...Yes, I'm aware of that and I was never informed of the reason for it being shut down either.

Anyway, he didn't go into any explanations of the treatment for some reason although I imagine it's not unlike the Lightning Process in that it tries to get you to retrain your way of thinking and acting and hopefully break free of CFS that way. Like I said though, he wasn't having much luck with it so far, so I don't know if it's worth finding out for yourself.

Keep in mind that the theory of 'amygdala retraining' belongs only to Ashok Gupta...there aren't any studies that back up his theory, so until there are, it's only just a theory to me. I'd really like to see this therapy along with the Lightning Process examined under strict peer review...that would be really helpful to us all.

Closed Thread