It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

ironmom5 HB User
CFS info?

Hi, I am new to the board so just wanted to throw a question out.

I was diagnosed with CFS about 4 years ago but my doc kind of said it like this, "Well your tired all the time, we've done all the tests (blood work, stress test, ultrasounds etc...) so we are just going to call this Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Basically what that means is I don't know what is wrong with you and your really tired" ... he gave me no hope, no regime to follow, no vitamins to take, NOTHING! So, I have lived with this for quite a while but have done nothing to really address the problem. Now, I have kind of come to the end of my rope.

I am a mother of five and a student. I am EXHAUSTED ALL THE TIME. I wake up tired and by 2 pm (just about the time all the chicks come home to roost)I am so exhausted I can barely function. It is that bone deep tired that is impossible to shake off or cure with a ten minute nap(or a six hour nap for that matter).

I am to the point that I am barely functioning as a mom and wife. I hardly ever make us a sit down with the family kind of dinner anymore, the housework is suffering, relationships are suffering and I am just scared.

Soooo, any suggestions? Herbs? Vitamins? Excercises?Meditation?Affirmations? Anything that has helped you or you think might help me??? I do not want to live like this another day!

I welcome your suggestion! Thank you!!!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
(male)

ohnonotthis78 HB User
Re: CFS info?

you may consider moderately cold baths or gradual cold showers at 68 degrees F. Moderate cooling of the body has been shown to reduce fatigue in healthy people and in some groups of patients in 8 different scientific studies. This approach is nonpropriatary, easy to use and freely available to anyone who has a water faucet in their home. I personally love it (but I don't know if it is beneficial in CFS, the only published research paper about application of cold in CFS is theoretical).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User

I don't know much about cfs. But I do have alot of the same problems with the excessive tiredness all during the day no matter if I get a good nights sleep or not. I could sleep all day long. I did have a sleep study done during the day for narcolespy. Which didn't show that I did or did not have it,But we are trying a treatment for it now and also it is for daytime sleepiness and it really does work I have been on it for a few months now. I forgot to take it one day and I wound up taking a 3 hr nap and was exhausted that whole day. I will never forget to take it again. I remembered what that feeling was like being tired all the time I still have it but definetely not as much, Thankfully. Have you ever been tested for any sleep disorders of any kind?
Hope this may help.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
(female)

Beavers5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by claflamme View Post
I did have a sleep study done during the day for narcolespy. Which didn't show that I did or did not have it,But we are trying a treatment for it now and also it is for daytime sleepiness and it really does work I have been on it for a few months now. I forgot to take it one day and I wound up taking a 3 hr nap and was exhausted that whole day. I will never forget to take it again. I remembered what that feeling was like being tired all the time I still have it but definetely not as much, Thankfully. Have you ever been tested for any sleep disorders of any kind?
Hope this may help.
Are you taking Provigil? I am at 200 mg and it is the best CFS med I have found yet.

Closed Thread