It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

rachnkc06 HB User
how many people have suffered with Mono for more than six months?>

I have had Mono for 7 months now and I can't take it anymore. It seems like I have had to put my life on hold and like I will never be my old self again. I keep trying to stay positive but its so hard...

Old 06-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
(male)

BryanC HB User
Re: how many people have suffered with Mono for more than six months?>

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachnkc06 View Post
I have had Mono for 7 months now and I can't take it anymore. It seems like I have had to put my life on hold and like I will never be my old self again. I keep trying to stay positive but its so hard...
Im up to 4 months now with it and Im the same way. Im afraid to make plans, join a gym, get involved with anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
(female)

lojo222 HB User

It is very hard to stay positive. I have been going through it for 18 months now. I have tried everything. I have tried aggressive rest therapy (which is basically resting all the time and never exerting yourself), to forcing myself up no matter how bad I feel. Vitamins, eating healthy. Nothing changes the way I feel. so, I am resigned to the fact that I have to wait it out no matter how long it takes. The doctor said this could go on for years and I had to learn how to manage it. Ha! Manage it!? I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.
I do not go out unless I absolutely have to. I do not attend any social functions because I never know how I am going to feel. I can definetly relate to what you are saying. I have missed all school functions and family vacations for the past year. It's very depressing at times.
I figure I am going to have good days and bad days and just focus on the good days and get through the bad ones as best as I can.
Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
(male)

David 12321 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lojo222 View Post
It is very hard to stay positive. I have been going through it for 18 months now. I have tried everything. I have tried aggressive rest therapy (which is basically resting all the time and never exerting yourself), to forcing myself up no matter how bad I feel. Vitamins, eating healthy. Nothing changes the way I feel. so, I am resigned to the fact that I have to wait it out no matter how long it takes. The doctor said this could go on for years and I had to learn how to manage it. Ha! Manage it!? I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.
I do not go out unless I absolutely have to. I do not attend any social functions because I never know how I am going to feel. I can definetly relate to what you are saying. I have missed all school functions and family vacations for the past year. It's very depressing at times.
I figure I am going to have good days and bad days and just focus on the good days and get through the bad ones as best as I can.
Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon.

if you can force yourself up, isn't that better than not? being isolated is the worst thing you can do for cfs; it just allows one to think about how lousy he or she feels. i'm not just saying this, i've had cfs for 28 years. somehow get out and do what you can. the worst thing you can do is doing nothing. i know this is not easy to hear and even harder to do but the alternative is soooooooooooooo much worse; it's just going to bring on depression and feeling lousier and lousier and lousier until a person's in such a downward spiral that it's really really really hard to get out of.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #5
(female)

lojo222 HB User

David, you are so right. When I was feeling my worst I was so depressed and the more I laid the worst I felt and you made a very good point. I think when you just lay and think about your illness you notice every little thing and every little pain and twinge and it seems to be worse than when I get up and move around and find something to distract myself. That is what I have been trying to do everyday. My family is amazed at how much better I seem. That they don't know is that I still feel very bad, just trying to ignore it.
I think the more I push myself at this point, the better it will be for me.
I cannot imagine having this for 28 years. You must have the patience of a saint.

Closed Thread