It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

soverytired HB User
can anyone please tell why im so tired?

hi im becci im 31 and i have 3 children, i was diagnosed with endometriosis in august last year after 7 years of asking the doctors to find out what was wrong with me.i had my endo removed in march this year and after 7 years i was finally pain free.until last week. the pain is back 10 times worse but with it has come this extreme tiredness.
i have always been a bad sleeper, waking up 6 or 7 times a night.this last week i have slept like the dead. nothing wakes me.i get up around 8am to sort the kids for school and by 9.30 im falling asleep.this can be after 10 hours of dead like sleep. as the day goes on i get more and more exhausted.i spend all day yawning and feeling awful,praying for bedtime.i sit on the sofa and before i know it 3 hours will have passed becuase i feel asleep again.
when i do lay down my heartbeat is very strong and i can feel it pumping.
a few weeks ago i had some unbearable pain in my wrists,elbows and knees.like my bones were cold.im wondering if its all connected.
its so frustrating to finally feel well and then it all stops and i feel awful again.
could this be cfs or fibromyalgia or what?
please help im at the end of my thether.
xxx

Old 07-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User
Re: can anyone please tell why im so tired?

I have heard that not sleeping thru the night can cause all kinds of day time problems. Getting the right kind of sleep is important, in other words, going into REM sleep is vital.

I know that if I am taking cold meds or not sleeping because of coughing I will not be myself the next day. I have been doing this off and on for several months and I am so tired all the time.

I might need a physical. But I suspect that you and I are not getting enough rest at night.

Last edited by golfhat; 07-05-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User
Re: can anyone please tell why im so tired?

If that extreme it's unlikely to be just a problem with sleep.. well, I'm no doctor, but you sound like you have the same problem as me, though I am in my early 20s and do get enough sleep.

I don't wake up at night, but I do wake easily. I can easily sleep 7-8 hours straight, but any unfamiliar sound will wake me up. But that rarely happens, and I did take a sleep test and I'm fine in that regard.

You can read my post "why the hell am I tired?" which is currently on the front page of this board..

I'm really not sure what to tell you, but I do share your grief. I've been extremely tired for the last 10 years, and it has resulted in me failing my classes over and over (I literally would repeat the exact same schedule every semester), not being able to work (acquired a $20K debt), and pretty much spoiling every relationship I've had with family and friends, and nowadays my wife.

Things are better now. I have a great job and if I work hard, I can pay off my $20K debt before the summer ends, but I can't get myself to do anything. I feel indifferent and annoyed, and it takes me hours to complete a one hour task, because I can't focus. I also yawn 24/7 (and did so before the meds).

Good luck! Please share what you find out

Closed Thread