It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
(female)

mrsjoe4 HB User
Wink Chronic Fatigue-Fibromyalgia

To everyone out there exhausted and in pain and wondering if you have CFS or Fibro I have one question for you. Has your doctor checked your thyroid? Your thyroid levels, TSH,T3 and T4, may still be within acceptable levels and your thyroid gland may still not be functioning properly. Has your doctor done a specific blood test called a TPOab? This test will show if your body is producing antibodies against your thyroid gland, which will eventually cause its own destruction. If left untreated it could cause coma or even death. If you test positive for these antibodies you most likey have Autoimmune Thyroiditis. The symptoms can be very extensive and yet at the same time very vague (google the symptoms for Autoimmune Thyroiditis and see for yourself). You may have all or some of them. They may be cyclical or may ebb and flow, giving you periods of relief or lessened discomfort. You may not feel that horrible all the time and wonder if you just have the flu, perhaps you're run down, (for females) or maybe menopausal (females are more apt to develop this disease after age 40). Autoimmune Thyroiditis is an autoimmune inflammatory disease and is usually hereditary. It is grouped on the same DNA chain as a few other autoimmune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and Sjogren's. Once testing positive for an autoimmune disease there is a higher incidence of testing positive for another during your lifetime. There is no cure for Autoimmune Thyroiditis but you can minimize the toll it takes on your body by beginning to supplement the hormones your thyroid is no longer able to produce in the form of medication, and doing it as soon as possible. I hope this information is helpful to someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
(female)

sjs40 HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue-Fibromyalgia

Thank you for that info! I had extensive blood testing done, and the doc said my thyroid was fine. Looking at my results, I notice that TPOab was left blank, meaning, not tested.

I was told my immune system is depleted, so I am being treated for that. I will get this test done too. I've been wondering if I need hormonal supplementation too.

Thanks again!

Susan

Old 07-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
(female)

figmo HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue-Fibromyalgia

I have fibro and also am having times when I fall asleep sitting up, and don't realize that I have done so, I am tired all of the time, I can hardly keep my eyes open and then it is so hard to get up, i just nodded off while typing this, hope it makes sense,I take synthroid as they took my thyroid out years ago, usually they just check the ths and say I am okay, this test I have not heard of but will definitely be speaking with my doctor in the near future and will discuss this with him, thank you for suggesting this even tho it was meant for another.

Closed Thread