It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Do I have CFS?

Hi guys...I have been trying to get a clue for wks as to what is happening to me. Here is the breakdown

3/4 months
Fatigue
Random dizzy spells

3/4 weeks
Severe migratory bone/joint pain
Severe bone and joint popping
Bowel issues (increased --mainly right after I eat and loose)
Buzzing in feet from time to time
Abdominal pain

I have had 2 CBC-both were fine
Have had thyroid, mercury level,lymphnoma mono tests
Vitamin D came back low but not SUPER low

Please help. I go to the GI doc tomorrow and back to another dr.Main concern is the bone pain, popping joints, fatigue and now bowel issues. I am scared

Old 07-10-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
(female)

lojo222 HB User
Smile Re: Do I have CFS?

Some of those symptoms sound like what I deal with now and I have had Chronic EBV for 19 months. I would ask for an Epstein Barr test. Just to see if you have had a recent or reactivated infection. I caught monon from My nephew back in December 06 and i have not been well since. When I have a flare up I have dizziness and my mucles ache and I have the buzzing sensation all over my body. I also have bowel problems. Runnning to the bathroom all the time. That's one of the first signs of a flare up. They may tell you "everyone has epstein barr in their system", but they can tell if the infection is recent or reactivated. Mine was recent meaning it was a new infection and I am still waiting for it to go into remission. Good luck. Don't be scared, it looks like they have ruled out some bad things. I was terrified too when they couldn't find anything, take a deep breathe and stop thinking about all the possibilities. I drove myself nuts that way! They will find it eventually. I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Do I have CFS?

Thanks for responding. I did get tested 2 wks ago showed I have been exposed but no flare should I get tested again? Did your joints crack a lot that part is very unusual for me of course all the symptoms are though

Old 07-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
(female)

lojo222 HB User
Re: Do I have CFS?

I didn't have the joint problem, sometimes I will have a joint that just aches for no apparent reason. But this virus seems to affect people in so many different ways. Have you seen a rheumatologists? They may be able to help you with the joint issue.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hi Jo, I did see one and it was a joke. He just looked at me and said I looked fine so its prob just stress. Then he moved my arm, legs around and sent me home.

Went to my GI and other GP today, GP is sending me to another Rhuem and ordered even more blood work. GI thinks I have colitis, so I am getting a colon in a few weeks.

I hope this is nothing too serious. I am panicked.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
(female)

lojo222 HB User

Allot of people I know with EBV has serious bowel issues along with it. I know I do. I have abdominal pain that comes and goes also. I always know I am starting a flare when I have a sudden bowel attack. That's usually my first clue. Then it follows with the chills and dizziness and shaking and it's off to bed for a few weeks! I hope they can pinpoint what it is to give you some peace of mind.

Closed Thread