It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
(female)

panther2 HB User
Wink Chronic Fatigue maybe due to Glandular Fever

I've been diagnosed with ME or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I was told i had glandular fever in the past. I cannot remember ever being diagnosed, although i was admitted to hospital with severe Tonsillitis about 4 years ago, around the time when i started feeling exhausted. My ESR levels are also high which shows inflammation somewhere in my body. My advice is get blood tests done to see if these problems are causing your fatigue.

Any advice for 'a bit more energy please' would be gratefully received.

Keep smiling :-)))

Old 08-12-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue maybe due to Glandular Fever

Hi Panther, Welcome to the board. Sorry you are going through this.

I am not sure how Grandular Fever works. So am not sure if it remains in your system. I am sure you could search for it on the computer and learn about it.

There are many things you could ask to be tested for...such as ...your titers for Epstein Barr Virus, Cytomeglovirus...there are many herpe strains...that can cause your problems.

Then there are test for bacteria that could possibly be your problem. There are thousands of different bacteria...ugh! You might want to start off with Chlamydia Pnumoniae, Mycoplasma, Lyme...

Have you had your thyroid tested?

I do wish you lots of luck. Remember you know your body it is just finding the right doctor to get help...

GOOD LUCK!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

panther2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Hi Panther, Welcome to the board. Sorry you are going through this.

I am not sure how Grandular Fever works. So am not sure if it remains in your system. I am sure you could search for it on the computer and learn about it.

There are many things you could ask to be tested for...such as ...your titers for Epstein Barr Virus, Cytomeglovirus...there are many herpe strains...that can cause your problems.

Then there are test for bacteria that could possibly be your problem. There are thousands of different bacteria...ugh! You might want to start off with Chlamydia Pnumoniae, Mycoplasma, Lyme...

Have you had your thyroid tested?

I do wish you lots of luck. Remember you know your body it is just finding the right doctor to get help...

GOOD LUCK!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #4
(female)

panther2 HB User

Hi Jojo

Glandular fever lies dormant in your body and can take ages to recover from it. Ive been tested for Thyroid, arthritis, lupus etc all came back negative. I do have signs of inflammation somewhere in my body so i am having tests at the moment to find out where. I will definatly ask about the EBV test though and see if that shows up anything. Im just struggling on at the moment, finding it hard, not being able to do little things like chores arggghhh, its so frustrating. I mowed the lawn the other day and i was in bed for 3 days recovering. I personally think its something to do with the atmosphere or pollution (maybe). My cousin has M.E and she hasn't left the house in 11 years, so i think im one of the lucky ones. Her GP is not interested which is a shame, she had to go private for a diagnosis. Luckily i have a fabulous consultant who i can call on anytime. Most doctors just dismiss M.E as a fast paced lifestyle but i asked mine 'how can that be when i don't do anything' haha. They haven't got a clue have they?
Thanks for the advice 'M.E will not beat me' thats my motto and im sticking by it.

panther x x x

Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Panther, I just read up on Grandular Fever. I had been told before with my many diagnoises that I had that...WEll okay they were right...From what I read it is "Epstein barr"...Soooooo if that is the case then yes you have inflamatioin in your body....

I would ask your doctor to put you on Valtrex high doses, I am on 1,000mg a day. Epstein is in the herpe family. Possibly just getting this back into control will help.

You are right it lays dormaint in the system. From things I have read it can cause problems even in the dormancy stage....ugh!

I have been on antivirals now for shoot year and a half....

I have/had Lyme, batonella, babesia, Cytomeglovirus, Epstein Barr, Chlamydia Pnumoniae....

When our systems break down we are just a sitting duck for other critters to invade us....

Have a good day,

Jodie

Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
(female)

panther2 HB User

Hi Jojo
Thanx for your advice i will ask my doctor about antivirals and see if that helps. Does it help you? I just need MORE energy haha.

Im off for my afternoon nap now, to boost my energy levels.

keep in touch and let me know what works for you, im willing to try anything. I would give my right arm to be cured from this demon haha.

yvette X

Closed Thread