It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
(male)

Ice2Cool HB User
Adrenal Fatigue - How effective is the herbal supplement?

Hey all,

First off, I apologize if this question has been answered before, I have searched high and low and could not find a resonable answer.

I have started taking a herbal supplement to help me with adrenal fatigue. The contents of each capsule contains the following:

Korean Ginseng 5:1 extract 200mg
Liquorice 6:1 extract 500mg
Echinacea 4:1 extract 200mg
Chromium polynicotinate 200mcg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 25mg
Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate) 50mg

The directions on the label say to take 1 capsule twice a day. I wanted to know if anyone has tried this with any success and if so, how long did it take to feel a difference?

The directions say to take the supplement for 6 weeks, then stop for 2 weeks, then start for 6 weeks, stop for 2 weeks etc... ( I believe this is due to the liquorice and ginseng causing the cortisol and blood pressure to become too high)

Any input would be much appreciated.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Re: Adrenal Fatigue - How effective is the herbal supplement?

Ice,
My Adrenal Caps made by Solaray have a raw gland concentrate and they don't have all the same ingredients as yours do. This is what mine have in them, And they are working well for me. I take two a day.

Protein.....<1g
Adrenal (bovine)...340mg
Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus)(root)...200mg
Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) (root)....130mg
Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) (aerial)...65mg
Clove (Syzgium aromaticum) (flower)...35mg

Other ingredients: Gelatin Capsule,
100% natural homeopathic: Calcium Phosphate 3x, Iron Phosphate 3x,
Potassium Phosphate 3x and Sodium Phosphate 6x

If you don't see results with what you taking, maybe it's not the right kind for you to take. Diana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
(male)

Ice2Cool HB User

Thanks for the quick reply - drs - who long was it before you started feeling better?

I see yours contains something from bovine and as I am vegetarian, that is a definite no no for me.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ice cool, I noticed a difference right away, with in the first few days of taking them.

You wouldn't believe how many drugs are made through animals, a lot of hormonal drugs are produced from them.

I know in some of the hormone replacement meds I used to take, they used the urine of a horse to produce the drug. I think the horse was pregnant and would produce an excess of hormone, or something. I went to a more natural type that had very little of this type of hormone in them.

So, in your case you may be stuck with adrenal fatigue if your body isn't responding to what your taking and you won't take a bovine adrenal support supplement.

The only exception to this is capsules marketed as veggie source which are not bovine.

Look up Vegetarian Adrenal

Diana

Last edited by drs; 09-04-2008 at 05:14 AM.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:15 AM   #5
(male)

Ice2Cool HB User

Hey Diana,

Thanks again for the quick reply! I only started taking my supplement yesterday, and I felt pretty good this morning and I was wondering if it was just my imagination or if it was really working. Lol - so maybe it is working! (and even while I have the flu)

But thanks for your info hey, I really appreciate it.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Your very welcome Icecool.

Let me know how it goes with your supplement, I might run into other veg. people and I'm interested to see if yours is a good one.

Hope you get over the flu soon. Yucky stuff.
Diana

Closed Thread