It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

luvmybabies2 HB User
Unhappy Chronic Fatigue - Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated Please.

Hello everyone,
I am hoping that anyone here has some similar experiences as I have.
I am a 36 year old mother and wife, and the last few months my energy levels have gotten so low that now my husband has to do all of the cleaning, cooking, laundry etc....
I am just so tired as if I have run 100 miles every single day, I do not work, I stay home with my children. I am not really that depressed, although I think if I am depressed it's only because I am so tired and cannot take care of my family the way that I would like to.

I had some blood work done and it showed high iron, so I am being tested for some other things having to do with "too much iron".
My iron was not extremely high though, so probably not the main cause of my fatigue.

Secondly, my Vitamin D level was pretty low, it is supposed to be around 40 and it's only 24. So about a week ago I started taking high doses of Vitamin D3, but my change in my energy level so far.........Argh!

Lastly, I was told that my thyroid is fine, My TSH was 3.28, the normal range is something like .4 to 4.5. So I am in the normal range, even though the American Academy of Endocronology and other Endocrine Doctor's websites say that ANY NUMBER BELOW .3 AND OVER 3.00 IS TOO HIGH.

Another thing, and this is a seperate sort of issue, but I take a very small amount of Methadone every night before bed. It's probably the lowest dose you can take, I take 5 mg of Methadone, this is for treating my severe case of Restless legs syndrome. I am wondering if this could be causing my chronic fatigue? Although I was very tired before starting the methadone, I don't recall being this tired though? I have heard that such a low dose of methadone cannot cause fatigue like this, but I am beginning to wonder?

So between the low thyroid, the low vitamin D, the high iron, and the low dose of Methadone, does anyone know which one of these would be the most likely culprit of my severe fatigue?

I have a ton of other symptoms as well, but the fatigue is the one that is literally ruining my life, all jokes aside here.

Here are the other symptoms I have, again the FATIGUE is the only symptom that I really need help with though.
Thanks so much!

Symptoms:

1. Frequent chronic yeast and bacterial vaginal infections
2. Excessive sweating, especially on face
3. Very sensitive to heat and cold
4. Pain on left side of chest, sharp or aching
5. Rapid heart rate and pulse in neck at night time when lying down
6. Heavy menstrual cycles, with a lot of pain
7. Severe memory problems
8. Severe inability to concentrate
9. Inability to focus for long or pay attention
10. Not able to regulate body temperature, too hot or too cold
11. ear stuffiness, congestion in the ears, vertigo sometimes
12. minor sinus pressure and sinus issues
13. blurred vision, better one some days then other days
14. Excess mucus in eyes, wake up with eye mucus a lot
15. Bronchitis in the past a lot
16. Asthma (related to allergies) receiving weekly allergy shots now
17. Recurrent chronic bladder and UTI infections
18. enlarged lymph node under left arm pit
19. Frequent low grade fever
20. Minor headache/pressure in head constantly
21. Lethargy low energy
22. Profound fatigue
23. Loss of interest in just about everything
24. Depression
25. Hopelessness
26. Excessive worry, chronic obsessive worrying
27. Reynaud’s syndrome on toes
28. Weakness usually all over
29. Itching skin
30. Feeling of bugs crawling on skin or seeing skin move like spasms
31. Irritability and moodiness
32. Hair loss, brittle horse type hair
33. Frequent peeing, especially at night time
34. Sharp piercing stabbing possibly in the muscles (but short lives pains in elbows, wrists, feet, ankles and sometimes all over more so when tired
35. Hungry all the time, not gaining much weight, losing weight
36. Recurrent ovarian cysts and tumors
37. Endometriosis
38. Restless Legs Syndrome
39. Gum Disease, tender bleeding gums (this has been treated and is fine now)
40. Anxiety/Panic syndrome
41. Sleep problems
42. Grinding Teeth at night and Clenching of teeth during the day
43. Teeth marks on tongue from anxiety and biting on tongue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
(female)

luvmybabies2 HB User
Red face Re: Chronic Fatigue - Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated Please.

Sorry that post was so long.
Again, anyone with information on this, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue - Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated Please.

Hello Lubmybabies, Welcome to the board. So sorry you are going thruogh this. It is very frustrating trying to figure out this mess.

I would say that you have something bacterial or viral or both going on. I know first hand what these little unseen critters can do. I see a doctor/scientist/researcher and have read up on Dr. Charles Stratton, Dr. Wheldon, and some of these other doctor's that look inside the box for the reasons our bodies get this ill.

I don't know where you live or if you are an outdoorsie type of person. When you look at all your symptoms some would say it looks like you have Lyme. You have alot of the symptoms for it. But then many bacterias can cause these symptoms. And so do virus's.

Beings you have had bronchitis I would suggest being tested for mycoplasma pneumoniae bacteria and chlamydia pneumoniae, these are just a few that regular g.p's say a 10 day course of antibiotics will kill the bacteria. Nooooo this is not true. There life stages of these bacteria's and they imbedded in our warm bodies, such as muscle, organs, tissue ect....

You may also want to have your titers ran for Epstein Barr Virus, Cytomeglovirus, and other herpe virus's. These do the same as bacteria, getting into every little part of our bodies.

Of course having these types of test done you need doctors that are open minded. that want to treat these problems instead of putting a person on unessesarry drugs such as pain pills, uppers, downers. ect.

There are many conditions that these critters cause such as memory loss, demintia, alshimers, M.S, fibro, restless leg snydrom on and on. ....Cancers. ect...

There is some good reading you can do on Dr. Charles Stratton, Dr. David Wheldon, Dr. Martin Lerner, ummm there are more I just haven't had enough coffee yet...haha....

There is hope there are ways to make yourself better. I am proof.

I have Lyme, Chlamydia pnumoniae, Epstein Barr, Cytomeglovirus, Streptoccus bacteria, Bartonella, Babesia.
It has taken years to get this stuff under control. And I am still working on it. But I am walking, talking and doing many normal things now.

Hope this helps,

Jodie

Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
(female)

amm35 HB User

Hello. I am sooo glad to have read your post. I am married with four boys and my ENITRE family life is falling to pieces because of how poorly I feel. I am exhausted all day everyday. I have to MAKE myself get out of the bed and take care of the one child that is home with me during the day. I have seen six different docs since Feb 08 and NO ONE can tell me what is going on. I have had test to check my thyroid, pituitaty gland, adrenal gland, anti-nuclear antibody, I have had screenings for lyme, cmg, mono etc. All are normal. I have hip pain, severe night sweats and of course the fatigue. I do know what you are going through. My husband is so frustrated( as am I) I have always been super mom and wife and I just cant be that right now. I hate myself for it. I am a good mom and staying at home taking care of everything is what I enjoy. My older kids get upset because they want to know why I sleep all the time. My husband says this all in my head. I need to eat better and exercise. I cant! What bit of "energy" I have, I use to take care of our kids. I dont know If this is any comfort for you but I know it is comforting for me to know that I am not crazy.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #5
(female)

Sassylady39 HB User
Unhappy Re: Chronic Fatigue - Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amm35 View Post
Hello. I am sooo glad to have read your post. I am married with four boys and my ENITRE family life is falling to pieces because of how poorly I feel. I am exhausted all day everyday. I have to MAKE myself get out of the bed and take care of the one child that is home with me during the day. I have seen six different docs since Feb 08 and NO ONE can tell me what is going on. I have had test to check my thyroid, pituitaty gland, adrenal gland, anti-nuclear antibody, I have had screenings for lyme, cmg, mono etc. All are normal. I have hip pain, severe night sweats and of course the fatigue. I do know what you are going through. My husband is so frustrated( as am I) I have always been super mom and wife and I just cant be that right now. I hate myself for it. I am a good mom and staying at home taking care of everything is what I enjoy. My older kids get upset because they want to know why I sleep all the time. My husband says this all in my head. I need to eat better and exercise. I cant! What bit of "energy" I have, I use to take care of our kids. I dont know If this is any comfort for you but I know it is comforting for me to know that I am not crazy.
Hi, I too have been suffering from alot of what has been said on here for the past 5 months, have been to see 4 different docs and have that many tests i feel like a pin cushion. I have now been referered to a rheumatologist because my anti-nuclear antibody test came back odd. My husband is now starting to get worried after telling me it was all in my head. I have now started getting terrible headaches, a crushing and burning feeling over the whole of my head. I feel so ill that i feel like im going crazy. I'm off work again! which i feel so guilty about, all i do is cry and get so frustrated with everything.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
(female)

luvmybabies2 HB User

My fatigue has been solved. I have hypothyroidism, and because all my thyroid tests came back normal for so many years, now I have adrenal insufficiency.
TSH tests, the ones that are used to test thyroid are not accurate, my blood test did not show that I had hypothyroidism, but my low morning temperature did.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
(female)

renie51 HB User

I too had the unbearable fatigue. After experimenting with just about everything, and nothing helped I started reading up on nutrition. I am a RN with a bachelors degree and stlll working in the field, so i am fairly well informed. But, when it came to my own health I was clueless. So, I started looking at my diet, and low and behold, I am a carb addict. The more I ate, the more I craved and the more tired I got the more I ate and craved the carbs. I was at the point, that I was barely able to get home from work and get in the house. I changed my diet 7 days ago to only high protein, veggies, fruit high in potasssium dairy etc. NO SWEETS, No white bread. All high fiber. I won't even put sugar in my coffee anymore. I feel great. I have more energy than I have had in the past two years. I don't even need the provigil. I don't know if this will work for you but it did for me and there is something to be said about the glycemic index. GIve it a try and see if it helps. Can't hurt that's for sure. By the way--an 8 oz serving of steak is 23 grams,but so is 4 tablespoons of peanut butter(Cheaper too). Good luck

Old 09-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #8
(female)

Shannon Leigh HB User

Multiple Sclerosis

Old 10-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I've went through probs for 12 yrs. Recently diagnosed & have a Dr helping me Get a referral to see a Rhumetologist! I wish I'd found him sooner! It's wonderful to have a Dr listen & understand rather than look at you like you're crazy, run labs & send you on your way... When you have a Dr listen & work with you, it gives you hope!

luvmybabies2~ You have some symptoms of Hyperthyroidism... Definitely see a Rhumetologist & talk to him about that. You needs to have lots of lab work done.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
(female)

ao1914 HB User

Have you ever had your Vitamin B12 level checked? It can be checked through a simple blood test. I went to the doc for something unrelated, and happened to mention I'm always tired and fatigued. They drew blood and checked my B12 level, and sure enough, it was extremely low. She put me on shots to raise my levels. She told me that many of her B12 deficient patients who are put on shots tell her that it changed their lives.

I did my own research on Vit B12 deficiency and found out that B12 is not only important for your energy, but for your memory as well. This made sense, as I tend to have a horrible short-term memory. Many dementia/alzheimers patients had B12 deficiencies for years and were never treated.

I also found out that Vit B12 is something that people normally get from food, and it tends to be common. Therefore, if you have a B12 deficiency, you either half starve yourself or (the more likely option) your body lacks the ability to absorb B12 from food, such as my case. So if you are ever diagnosed with a B12 deficiency, you'll likely be put on shots for the rest of your life because it's impossible for you to get it any other way. But it's better than being fatigued your whole life or worse, getting alzheimers one day. There are also Vit B12 pills, but the shots will get you feeling better much faster. Hope this helps.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
(male)

ecstasy HB Userecstasy HB Userecstasy HB User

idk try getting cortisol, also try finding out foods you're sensetive to and cut them out.

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-17-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Closed Thread