It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
(male)

vince10 HB User
PROVIGIL Worked Wonders For Chronic Fatigue

I have Fibro/Chronic Fatigue. I got so bad that sometimes I would sleep for two or three days, getting up just a few hours and getting so tired again, I fell asleep. Some days I would feel fine and then all of a sudden at about 3 pm, I would get such an overwhelming fatigue, it was almost like someone knocked the wind out of me, I was so immobilized by my tiredness. Has anyone ever gotten this way? I had my doctor give me Provigil and it worked wonders for me for 6 months. It gave me energy, kept me awake and alert. The only problem is my body is starting to get use to it and it is not working as well as it use to. I do not want to take more than the recommended dose, but I may have to. Has anyone else tried Provigil and the positive effects wore off after several months?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
(male)

derthor68 HB User
Re: PROVIGIL Worked Wonders For Chronic Fatigue

Hey Vince,

I have never tried Provigil. I have had CFIDS/Fibro since June 23, 2003. It started with flu like illness and has not yet went away. I can say one thing about my illness sleeping is not something I do. I am lucky to get 5 hours of good sleep. A quote used commonly with CFIDS is "Tired all day, wired all night". It may be the anxiety that wires some of us? Is Provigil for CFIDS?

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-08-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: removed quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
(male)

vince10 HB User

Provigil was originally for Narcolepsly. But doctors have started giving it to patients with Fibro and CFS. Are you sure you don't have Fibro?

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-08-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince10 View Post
I have Fibro/Chronic Fatigue. I got so bad that sometimes I would sleep for two or three days, getting up just a few hours and getting so tired again, I fell asleep. Some days I would feel fine and then all of a sudden at about 3 pm, I would get such an overwhelming fatigue, it was almost like someone knocked the wind out of me, I was so immobilized by my tiredness. Has anyone ever gotten this way? I had my doctor give me Provigil and it worked wonders for me for 6 months. It gave me energy, kept me awake and alert. The only problem is my body is starting to get use to it and it is not working as well as it use to. I do not want to take more than the recommended dose, but I may have to. Has anyone else tried Provigil and the positive effects wore off after several months?
Have you had a sleep study done?

I have also used Provigil, for driving it was great, it helped keep me awake, as far as my energy goes, it didn't really help that much.

There is always the option of ADHD medication to help fight the fatigue & help you be more alert if Provigil stops working for you. I used to take Adderall and it was helpful. If I needed a boost to get moving, Adderall did it for me.

Last edited by neveragain444; 04-12-2009 at 06:11 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to neveragain444 For This Useful Post:
tinlady (05-02-2012)
Old 06-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
(male)

cobooo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
Have you had a sleep study done?

I have also used Provigil, for driving it was great, it helped keep me awake, as far as my energy goes, it didn't really help that much.

There is always the option of ADHD medication to help fight the fatigue & help you be more alert if Provigil stops working for you. I used to take Adderall and it was helpful. If I needed a boost to get moving, Adderall did it for me.
How are you feeling now?

Mark

Closed Thread