It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 213
Postie HB User
Does anyone else?

For those of you who have CFS, how many are there that has a positive ANA and what is your pattern?

Also do you have the rash on your face?

 
Old 05-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary AB Canada
Posts: 148
Sensitivo HB UserSensitivo HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

The fact that I have no idea what you mean by a positive ANA probably means I don't have it (or, at least, that it hasn't been checked). Perhaps you can explain what this is. No, I don't have a rash on my face, nor have I ever detected one on any of my «FS acquaintances. But of course, we're all somewhat different in the symptoms we experience.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 05-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 213
Postie HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

ANA is antibodies in your blood. When you get your CBC done alot of times they do sed rate and ANA. When I was first sick 11 years ago they did a complete blood workup on me. That's when I had ANA done and I have always tested positive. It's something in my body attacking my cells.

They go by ANA to see for diseases.

I've had the rash on my face over my nose and cheeks ever since I got sick.

CindyLou

 
Old 05-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 1,463
neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postie View Post
ANA is antibodies in your blood. When you get your CBC done alot of times they do sed rate and ANA. When I was first sick 11 years ago they did a complete blood workup on me. That's when I had ANA done and I have always tested positive. It's something in my body attacking my cells.

They go by ANA to see for diseases.

I've had the rash on my face over my nose and cheeks ever since I got sick.

CindyLou
I thought the ANA was not only to check for auto-immune diseases, but also for auto-immune dysfuction which means CFIDS.

That rash on your face, can be caused by Lupus. You also testing positive on the ANA, did they tell you why? I would bet it's lupus.

 
Old 05-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 1,463
neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postie View Post
For those of you who have CFS, how many are there that has a positive ANA and what is your pattern?

Also do you have the rash on your face?
All but one of mine were positive. 1:320 titer homogenous pattern, non-specific for any particular auto-immune disease. This is what was used to diagnose my CFS & I was told I'd be sick the rest of my life (auto-immune dysfunction). My doctor said with a negative test, he didn't think it matters, but you can get false negatives & false positives, the rest of my ANA's were positive. So I don't know. The only thing I know that may be auto-immune related in my family that I am supposed to be cursed to getting is my grandfather's thyroid disease.

No rash on my face but my chest stays red??

Last edited by neveragain444; 05-03-2009 at 05:32 PM.

 
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 213
Postie HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
I thought the ANA was not only to check for auto-immune diseases, but also for auto-immune dysfuction which means CFIDS.

That rash on your face, can be caused by Lupus. You also testing positive on the ANA, did they tell you why? I would bet it's lupus.
Since CFS is only a syndrome, that if you do have a diagnosis of lupus, then you don't have CFS. I wasn't sure if you knew that as some people think you have both. I've learned alot from Dr. Bell who is my CFS specialist. Dr. Bell said some of his CFS patients have positive ANA but it's low.

The ANA means that my body is attacking my white cells.

 
Old 05-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 213
Postie HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

Do you mean all of your ANA was negative except for one? Did you have everything ruled out before they diagnosed you with CFS?

Have you had a sed rate done and if so what was your's?

 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 1,463
neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

I've had 1 negative ANA. I've had several positive ANA's. All showed the same thing, 1:320 homogeneous pattern.

I have heard you can't have both CFS & FMS but I have been diagnosed with both. I have read online that CFS is based upon exclusion but that is not how I was diagnosed. I was diagnosed through the ANA test when I first got sick.

A butterfly rash on the face is distinct of lupus. Have you ever googled it maybe in images to see what it looks like to compare. I've been told before that when in early stages of Lupus, it may not appear on your blood work.

CFS a syndrome. Oh god. A syndrome is not even considered a disease because doctors don't know why it occurs. More or less symptoms with a name but no good explaination as to why your having them. I hate these freeking diagnoses! Actually there is no diagnosis for it. They just call it that after ruling everything else out. It's complete bull crap someone can be so sick and they can't tell you why. My life of course. That is how I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but not the CFS.

 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 1,463
neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

Yea my doctor said he just didn't know what else could be wrong after I argued with him repeadedly forever what bull crap this was, I do believe in FMS now, but the lack of cause I don't believe.

I am suffering high stress right now "not knowing". Sorry.

 
Old 05-04-2009, 07:57 AM   #10
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 213
Postie HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
I've had 1 negative ANA. I've had several positive ANA's. All showed the same thing, 1:320 homogeneous pattern.

I have heard you can't have both CFS & FMS but I have been diagnosed with both. I have read online that CFS is based upon exclusion but that is not how I was diagnosed. I was diagnosed through the ANA test when I first got sick.

A butterfly rash on the face is distinct of lupus. Have you ever googled it maybe in images to see what it looks like to compare. I've been told before that when in early stages of Lupus, it may not appear on your blood work.

CFS a syndrome. Oh god. A syndrome is not even considered a disease because doctors don't know why it occurs. More or less symptoms with a name but no good explaination as to why your having them. I hate these freeking diagnoses! Actually there is no diagnosis for it. They just call it that after ruling everything else out. It's complete bull crap someone can be so sick and they can't tell you why. My life of course. That is how I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but not the CFS.
Yes, you can have CFS and Fibro together. They kind of go hand in hand. CFS is definitely based on exclusion. My rash looks just like butterfly wings. I just had another sed rate done today to see if the lab goofed on the other one. I've had this illness for 11 years so it's not really in the early stages.

CFS is only a syndrome and no, it's not a disease. That's why it's called Chronic Fatigue SYNDROME. That's why everything has to be excluded because they don't know where it comes from. There is no diagnosis for CFS. Do you have more of the pain or more of the fatigue? If you have more pain then you would have fibro. If more fatigue then you have CFS.

 
Old 05-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #11
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 213
Postie HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
Yea my doctor said he just didn't know what else could be wrong after I argued with him repeadedly forever what bull crap this was, I do believe in FMS now, but the lack of cause I don't believe.

I am suffering high stress right now "not knowing". Sorry.
Alot of doctors don't even understand about CFS and some don't even believe it. What is your sed rate?

 
Old 05-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Phoenix Metro, AZ
Posts: 221
JewelryJulie HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

I am unsure about which blood results you are talking about, but my white counts show low in 3/5 types and one out of 5 is high. My hemo. didn't seem impressed, although it was a routine test. I go in once a month for my iron infusion and have blood tested then. They do a mini cbc, I think. (Checking red and whites?) I was concerned that I had so many types of white cells in the low range and wondered why one was high. Strange. I have fibro with fatigue, but not been diagnosed with CFS, maybe because I have been diagnosed with fibro?

I have chronic pain and fatigue. I also have a brown "mask" on my face, however, I believe it was due to my hysterectomy that I had and a release of certain hormones (ovaries were kept) as I had bad night sweats for a couple of weeks after and my mom thinks the brown spots were due to hormones. I have since put some of that fade cream on them, and they are SLOWLY getting lighter.

Not sure if any of the above helps or is even relevant, but thought since no one with fibro answered, perhaps I would add to the discussion. Hope this helps, Julie

 
Old 05-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #13
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 213
Postie HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

Hi Julie:

I had been wondering what a person's sed rate is that has CFS?

I've never heard about the bloodwork you had done that said low in 3/5 types and one out of 5 is high. I don't know what any of that means. I don't know what a mini CBC is? I only know of the regular CBC that they do.
What is your white count?


CindyLou

 
Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 1,463
neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

I have more of the fatigue as a problem.

My CFS was diagnosed throuogh the ANA and nothing was excluded. This test being positive confirmed auto-immune dysfunction explaining the CFIDS, This plus EBV were the first tests I had done after I got sick.

 
Old 05-05-2009, 06:09 AM   #15
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, So. California
Posts: 73
gknee HB User
Re: Does anyone else?

A butterfly rash is perhaps lupus or rosacea? Or it can just be a bad rash? I know when I had one once this is what they suspected. It ended up being a bad reaction to some new suntan lotion.
__________________
Gknee

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Question for anyone who took Accutane as a teenager or child? derekm Acne 5 10-27-2011 02:01 PM
Does anyone get numbness? Nixi Fibromyalgia 18 10-23-2011 06:39 PM
Does anyone here (women) have acne related to facial hair? Problem after Accutane,rop hmj211 Acne 1 01-13-2010 05:23 PM
does anyone else think their pure o is unique jseiter2 Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) 1 06-26-2009 08:04 PM
New here and have questions. Does anyone have osteo just in the hips? MojoZane Osteoporosis 8 01-22-2008 10:52 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added











All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!