Re: What has helped your CFS?
1. Good support system. I make sure that everyone in my life friends included knows what i have- what im going through- that theres always the chance that if we have plans that i might be sick that day- and if they dont like it then to bad lol it really has helped having everyone know every detail, that way i dont have to stress about what they might think if im sick that day.
2. I keep a medical diary. I write in it every day all my activities (even little things like being on the computer) and i rate everything on a scale from 1-10, ex. my energy levels, how good i slept ext. that way i know ok i did this yesterday and i have this much energy today. it helps me kinda know what limit i have and what will be "to much" for me
3. eating healthy. I try and eat protien, veggies and fruit and wheat breads. basically the low carb diet. i dont drink caffiene or soda other then sprite. that has helped because i dont get that false sense of energy which tricks me into over doing it. I occasionally eat a little sugar but i make sure its not on an empty stomach that way i dont have a sugar crash or a sugar rush. ( this has helped me SOO much!)
4. i take vitamins - daily multi vit. and vitamin D
5. When i first started being sick they thought i had lupus. I went to a lupus specialist and he put me on prozac 10mg. for fatigue. he said that even though its an antidepressant , it also helps with fatigue. it really does help me. and i dont have deppression just anxiety.
6. not just laying on the couch... if noticed that the obvious when i do to much i pay for it the next day but also when i do to little i pay for it as well.
7. i make small goals for myself like this week im going to make it a point to be up breakfast in, bathed, dressed and ready for the day by 10 am and then the next week ill add something else like im going to do the tree pose for 1 minute a day.
8. Im going to talk to my doctor about getting on a low dose of cortisole. I had the ACTH stimulation test done, thats where they inject you with a dose of cortisole and see how your body reacts to it. I had it done to see if i had a pituitary tumor. anyways the test came back normal but i felt SOOO good that day! and i have read multiple times that cortisol helps with CFS.
9. When they thought i had lupus everytime i would get sick they would put me on prednisone. and it has always made me feel good. come to find out steroids is a form of cortisol. but when im feeling REALLY bad i take some prednisone and it helps me.
Last edited by Angalicious316; 06-23-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Reason: forgot some.