It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
(male)

lappy HB User
Can't wake up. Peed the bed!

I am 26 year old female. I have issues waking up in the morning. I need about 10 hours of sleep per night. I thought this was "normal" for me. My boyfriend must shake me to awaken me in the morning or I will miss work. Recently it has gotten worse. Twice in the past month I have awoken to find that I peed myself during the night! I was not exceptionally tired these nights. I tried to blame it on the cat. The urge to pee typically has woken me in the past. not anymore! what is happening? My older sister said this happened to her once. My boyfriend says if it happens one more time he is taking me to the doctor. I dont want to go in fear that they'd prescribe diapers!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

shannyk HB User
Re: Can't wake up. Peed the bed!

Hi,
im sorry you are going through that, its nothing to be afraid of seeing a doctor for, there are many kinds of medicines that can help stop this., and you wont necessarily need pads for it, but if you use a pad at night until you see the doctor, and maybe you may want to ask him about the fact that you are having difficulty waking at all. Hope you get some relief soon, and really a doctor can perscribe something to help you with this.

Take Care

Shannyk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
(male)

lappy HB User

I'm the original poster. It happened again last night! i dreamt I was peeing in the toilet and in the middle of the dream I realized that it was NOT a dream! (I have lucid dreams all the time but typically dont choose to wake up). Anyway, I chose to wake up and it was true....I peed the bed. again. I always thought dreams meant you were in REM sleep meaning you are sleeping well. How come then do I need SO much sleep (10+ hrs/night) and my body refuses to wake up? Does anyone else have this problem? Noone seems to be responding.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
(female)

Alexa3 HB User

lappy,

My guess is that you are sleeping too much. BTW why does it say you are a male under your name, but you are a female?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
(female)

SleepAllDay HB User

I want to know about this myself as I also can't wake up. I do not pee the bed, however. But I sleep so deeply when I should get up, that I have gotten into big trouble at work and as a mom. It scares me sometimes as I feel like I don't breathe well (I am a shallow breather). It sometimes feels like I will SLEEP TO DEATH if that even makes sense. Good luck in finding out your deal and let me know if you do find out.....or anyone else?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
(female)

jshu43 HB User

It's important to have a sleep apnea study done. You may not be getting productive sleep and can be helped with a CPAP.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
(female)

mykidsm0m HB User

Lappy- I have experienced this several times in my lifetime. I am a 36 yr old female, and I too require what seems to be unreasonable ammnts of sleep, yet i am still not refreshed. Research Narcalepsy....one of the symptoms of that is "sleep paralysis" which I also experience. I think the urinating dream may be linked to this, but thats just my opinoion. Good luck :-)

Old 01-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
(male)

leopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB User

I m a men, i donít know about that.
What i know is that sleeping, is like an addiction.
If you stay 9 hours 10 hours in your bed, sleep so during months, then you canít stop it.
You get like addict.
over sleeping makes also fat, and is no good for the heart.

How to recover from this addiction is quite simple.
Jogging, all kind of outside sport, bike, boating, whatever, will quickly reduce your need of sleep.
7 hours is quite normal.
But also itís a question of passion leisure. Interests, meeting people.
If you like a leisure, you do it at night.
You work on it at night. You meet people that have the same passion, You have fun with them
You are motivated by your passion. programing on computer, Playing music, learning Japanese, whatever you like.
And that becomes more interesting as sleeping.

Oh sure you see what i mean.
see you

Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #9
(female)

whydnhy HB User

Had a friend this was happening to...was a form of narcolepsy which usually people display by falling asleep during conversation or driving or...he started having these periods of sleeping almost round the clock, sleeping right thru urination too. It then progressed into the classic narcolepsy symptoms as well-GET CHECKED OUT but always get more than one opinion PLEASE Drs. nowadays are about as trustworthy as politicians it seems....

Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
(male)

Aguy44 HB User

One suggestion fro a "man" here. And here are some questions you might want to look at: a) Were you always sleeping 10 hours? When did the narcotic phase of sleep and pee started? If narcotic-like sleep and peed didn't happen before, then it means that
some lifestyle or environmental changes brought them about. I take it that those things didn't happen as long as you remember, but they are late developments. I suggest that you try a "System Restore," yes, like we do in the computers, to go back to a time that
things were working properly. And that should include diet, recreational activities -restore the good, cut off the bad, exercises, and live a natural and purely organic life
for 2-3 months to see if if your body and sleeping irregularities go away. I am retired, and there were times in my life that I was going around in circles with doctors and could
resolve various issues. Then I decided to follow Aristotle's dictum: "Give your body what it wants, cut off what it doesn't want [the body usually gives us warnings], and then you may never need a doctor." Is it possible? Sure. Some of the longest living people
have been monks in monasteries that never saw a doctor in their lives. Many of the problems modern people have are the results of modern life. I believe that the healing needs 50% medical help, and the other 50% must be personal introspection.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #11
(male)

lappy HB User

Hi. Original poster again. Haven't been back cause I havent peed since my last post! Its been about 4 mos. I havent really changed anything consciously. To answer some of the questions: i've always needed about 10 hrs of sleep a night and I disagree with the foreign man who suggested that it's an addiction. I do wish, however, that i needed less. Lately I've been trying to "tap into" my subconscious mind and create lucid dreams. I figure if i'm sleeping this much I midaswell have some fun! Although, i havent really figured out how to do this yet and still only have lucidity once in awhile. I am going to do some research on narcolepsy since some posters have suggested this. I always assumed this was ONLY when you fall asleep randomly. I do occasionaly have paralysis (probably the root of my pee issues) but i typically can consciously un-paralyze myself...if this makes sense...thanks for all the posts! keep posting....this is the most popular thread I've ever created!

Closed Thread