It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

oshie11 HB User
Not sure if I have CFS..advice please?

I have had mono a couple of times and in the past few years I have felt a serious lack of energy to do anything. I really want to feel good but I just don't. I'm constantly tired and feel the need to take a nap during the day and sleep all night. I've tried to exercise because everyone says that it is suppose to give you more energy. Surprise Surprise...not for me. I feel exhausted after exercise and want to lay down. I have been tested for low iron and nothing comes back abnormal. I feel like my doctor just goes through my symptoms so fast and doesn't seem to care. I know there is something wrong with me I just don't know what it is. I feel like people think I'm just lazy, but I'm not.
I just want to know whats going on. If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it. I don't really know where to go from here.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
(female)

CDS75 HB User
Re: Not sure if I have CFS..advice please?

The best thing I can suggest is that you get copies of all your medical records and labs so we know what they have and haven't looked for. That would give us quite a bit of information. Many times the docs do run-of-the-mill testing and when it comes back normal...they say u are fine. We need to know if that is what they have done in this situation or if they have truly investigated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

oshie11,

I agree with CDS75 that some medical condition could have been overlooked. Having said that, there is something you could try in the mean time. Look at your diet and perhaps you could post an example of it here. Diet is extremely important to promote good or better energy levels.

Also of great importance is to maintain a healthy weight. Many overweight and obese people suffer from "sleep apnea" and this condition robs them of sleep even though they think they are sleeping soundly. If you are overweight, do some research on sleep apnea. And you don't need an expensive test to find out if you have it. You just need someone to observe, to see if you are making periodic loud noises (a gasp for air) while sleeping. This can happen 100s of times durning the night with the effect of preventing the deep sleep you need to have energy during the day.

So before you go from doctor to doctor, make sure you're eating the best diet possible (a truly healthy diet) for energy and to maintain a healthy weight.

Last edited by JohnR41; 04-24-2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: delete quote

Old 05-01-2010, 03:29 AM   #4
(female)

kgirl04 HB User

I had similar story...ask your doc to do bloodwork for Epstein Barre Virus..Make sure he runs a thorough panel including the EBNA (Nuclear Antigen) this will show if you have/ or have had EBV and what phase of the virus you are in, if you are.
Just some advice=)

Old 05-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
(male)

2520years HB User

I have similar tiredness, but I think it might be mercury poisoning from an black/grey filling. It's just a thought in case you've had dental problems around the same time you've felt tired...

Old 05-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
(male)

tjphillips HB User

I too have something similar. Normal exercise wipes me out. I did some research on Candida and i appear to have many of the symptoms associated with Candida. There is a saliva test you can do which is supposed to be reliable so you could at the very least eliminate that as a cause the meantime.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:50 AM   #7
(female)

Conceptual HB User

Sounds Like CFS

Last edited by Conceptual; 05-03-2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: I could not see why it was a bad post, after all the people are discussing CFS and the Chronic was highlighted in my post???

Old 08-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #8
(female)

patwill HB User

get tested for everything. you know your body.If you feel somethings wrong, then youre problably right.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
(male)

1mikdown HB User

Hello Everyone,

I'm confused and tired of feeling like crap. After an exhaustive internet search (due to the fact that most of the doctors I have seen are not telling me anything), I found this site and thought I would ask a few questions. My main problem for the past few years has been on and off sinus problems/infections. After several years of antibiotics and one surgery, I got some relief until October '09. I was seen for some chest pain and told I had a high cholesterol level (close to 300) and was put on Crestor. About a month later, the sinus problems returned, but this time with a right ear infection, complete with right side lymph node pain and inflamation. I went through this off and on (back on antibiotics), and just couldn't seem to get well. Meanwhile, I am having my blood drawn once a month to make sure the Crestor isn't trashing my liver and my WBC count is low but above normal (4.5-4.8 on average).
To make a long story short (very sorry for the rambling), I go see the a urologist who fills in for my primary when he's on vacation (because I also have prostate issues) and she tells me I'm being poisoned by the Crestor (she told me statin drugs were immunosuppresive) . My last labs in may showed my cholesterol at 121 and wbc count at 4.7 and she said that both were too low. Interestingly enough, 3 days after I quit taking the Crestor my ear pain, ringing in the ears, and right side lymph inflamation ceased. It's been two weeks since I stopped the Crestor and today my right side of my neck is back to being painful and swollen--it comes and goes. I had my blood drawn today and my wbc count is 4.8 and my mpv remains high (it has been since Oct. '09) and my calcuim and phos are low. I'm on a multivitamin, a B12 supplement, probiotics, Vitamin D (because my level was 19 and norm is 30-100), and my cholesterol is back up to 188. I have a medical background and am wondering if I have CFS, since 5 out of 7 days I am very tired by 3pm, although I have a terrible sleep disorder due to PTSD and the fact that I cannot sleep through the night (my mind races and usually have trouble falling asleep also). I have on and off burning pains in my thighs, and am achy on and off throughout the day on my low back, neck, hips and shoulders. I have a minor TMJ which started by dislocating my jaw last year yawning! The pain in my right ear often radiates to the TM joint. I have seen an ENT who looked at me like I was nuts when I told him I had pressure in my right ear; my GP is a great doc but does not seem concerned with my lab values. I have a lower body temp than I can remember also (avg. 97.7) even though I feel hot. My GP tested me for allergies and I have NONE, but every time the weather changes, so does my ear and sinuses. I know I have non-allerigic rihnnitus (sp?) but I am confused on everything else. I do worry a lot and have a stressful job, and I have read that stress can be a real force on your body. Other than that, I workout and have a healthy weight for my build, and eat pretty healthy. Again, I'm sorry for the long post; I just tired of not feeling well.

Last edited by 1mikdown; 08-26-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
(male)

1mikdown HB User

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have what my wife calls a delicate stomach, as i have digestion and cramping issues too, for no reason, which also seem to come and go.

Closed Thread