It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
(female)

merankorii HB User
What's wrong with me? :(

I am 21 years old and was diagnosed with epstein-barr virus when I was 11. I never really got better. Doctors have called whatever is wrong with me chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia, but now I don't think they're even sure of that much. Here are some of the results of bloodwork I have had done:

TSH: 1.600
EBV Ab VCA, IgM: <0.2
ANA Direct: Negative
RA Latex Turbid: 17.3 H
C-Reactive Protein, Quant: 1.5
Antistreptolysin O Ab: 81.0
Estrogens, Total: 69

The thing is, most of my bloodwork looks completely normal. But I feel awful. Every morning or after I've been rested and get back up, my feet hurt in the achilles tendon and soles. Like a *****ly pain. I have random, sharp pains in my knees, wrists, fingers, etc. I'm EXHAUSTED almost all of the time. I have 'bad days' and what feel like 'flare ups'. I'm thinking about asking my doctor to check for antibodies that attack the thyroid, as my body temperature is always low and some of the symptoms of thyroid problems sound like mine. But I don't anticipate anything to come of it. It's difficult to to stand up for myself because I lack medical knowledge but feel as though something needs to be done.

I see a rheumatologist but nothing is evident enough to make a diagnosis. He just tells me to call him if something swells up. I'm at a loss of what to do, as I feel miserable. I'm hurting, I'm weak, and I'm discouraged.

One more thing - My rheumatologist discovered my vitamin D was severely deficient. I was having really bad, chronic back pain before taking industrial strength vitamin D and it's almost completely gone now. At least one good thing has come out of seeing the rheumatologist!

Any input at all would be appreciated. I'm not really expecting someone to somehow -know- what's wrong with me, I just feel like I need some help. Thanks for reading my sad story

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB User
Re: What's wrong with me? :(

Have you had your B12 checked?

Old 07-06-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Definitely get a complete thyroid panel done. Also, many of your symptoms are those often reported for Lyme Disease. But if you want to do a test for Lyme the blood has to be sent to Igenex in California where they know how to properly test and diagnose. Any other lab would be useless. Then again, Lyme is primarily diagnosed by symptoms. You could visit the Lyme board here for more information.

I hope you get some answers soon.

Jen

Old 07-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
(female)

merankorii HB User

Thank you both very much for your replies. I have been tested for both B12 deficiency (I used to be deficient but after a series of shots it has evened out) and Lyme disease. I guess the tests for Lyme were negative but I will look into the advice you have given as I have questioned the lab tests for it as well.

I did learn the other day that my foot pain is from plantar fasciitis. I'm not sure what caused it, but I'm now doing everything I know to do treatment-wise to try and reverse the damage that has been done.

Thanks again!

Old 07-08-2010, 01:59 AM   #5
(female)

sparkaloo HB User

I've had CFS and Fibro for 11 years or more. Dr sounds pretty right on it..and so do you. Have you done some of your own research..Every person that has this also has a completely diff set of "symptoms"..but all are very similar. The exhaustion id same in all CFS patience.I "feel" for you. It's a lonely road and many will tellyou to snap out of it. YOU know what you're feeling.

Closed Thread