It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User
Has anyone found out why?

Has anyone found the cause of their chronic fatigue? I'm beyond hopeless that I'll never find the cause... I've been tested for so many things. Has anyone else found the cause of theirs?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User
Re: Has anyone found out why?

I think mine was triggered by getting Mono (which I didn't know about at the time) about a year ago. On top of that, I had a pretty bad sinus infection for about 6 months before I got it cleared up. I think that combo did me in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
(female)

purplepeaches HB User

chronic fatigue usually comes from having glandular fever but you can get it from really any virus. it sucks, i know.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:15 AM   #4
(female)

coeliacgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottellinnebody View Post
Has anyone found the cause of their chronic fatigue? I'm beyond hopeless that I'll never find the cause... I've been tested for so many things. Has anyone else found the cause of theirs?

Yes! After years of struggling I was finally diagnosed with celiac (coeliac) disease a few months ago. I am finally starting to feel better. (Chronic fatigue & ME were just one of the many diagnosis I'd been given.)

Apparently it is very common for celiacs to be told they have chronic fatigue.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
(female)

nailsit HB User

I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue caused by a viral infection, Epstein Barr.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
(female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User

Hi Nottellinnebody,

The doctor I was speaking to the other day said he had chronic fatigue caused by gluten intolerance. He is not however coeliac which is what they test for. I have been on a restricted diet since last October. I have no dairy, grain or soy and mainly fresh food. It is not so bad and I'm sure it has helped.

Good luck

Gjoy

Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 AM   #7
(female)

Catbells HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coeliacgirl View Post

Yes! After years of struggling I was finally diagnosed with celiac (coeliac) disease a few months ago. I am finally starting to feel better. (Chronic fatigue & ME were just one of the many diagnosis I'd been given.)

Apparently it is very common for celiacs to be told they have chronic fatigue.
Hi

This is so interesting - have just posted a question about chronic fatique and sure enough I think I have a wheat/gluten intolerance - to hear that the two could be connected may really help me with what to investigate next. I largely manage my wheat intolerance (never had any help from dr's with this btw - just a conclusion I have come to myself!) myself by eating wheat free foods but this is no longer working so possibly it could be part of a bigger picture ie: coeliac disease? I'd be really interested to know how you got tested and diagnosed with coeliac disease?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

WWu777 HB User

Do you exercise regularly? Even light exercise?

Do you live in a climate with heat and humidity? I have and that causes me to be drowsy a lot. If that's the case, move to a cooler area.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
(female)

michele3d HB User

Those are all good reasons folks, but I can't believe no one mentioned the XMRV retrovirus. Google up the Whittemore Peterson Institute for more info. They are the ones who discovered that it is in 98% of people with CFS. The New York Times has had some good articles on this. The original finding was published in Science no less, October of 2009.

Last edited by michele3d; 07-22-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: forbidden weblink! Please review making it allowable.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:53 AM   #10
(female)

sarahke HB User

Mine came after glandular fever. Unfortunately I still have symptoms nearly 5 years later although I have learned to manage it better. Still have hope of it completely going!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
(female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User

Hi Nottellinnebody,

Are you sure you have the correct diagnosis? I was once told chronic fatigue. If I knew what was wrong with me I would share it. What symptoms do you have besides fatigue? Have you tried to change something in your life. I am a great believer in
If nothing changes, nothing changes.

best wishes

Gjoy
Gjoy

Old 08-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
(female)

Memo381 HB User

I believe so. It could be from Adrenal Insufficiency/Addison's disease or from POTS. POTS stands for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. To look up the symptoms (the major one being debilitating fatigue) go to www.dinet.org.

I was at my ropes end when all of my tests at the doctor's came back normal...yet, I didn't feel normal!!! I went online and self-diagnosed! It is ridiculous that you have to do this but our doctors today are not very well-versed with POTS (dysautonomia). You should check it out.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #13
(female)

nailsit HB User

Oh wow, I googled and the correlation between this study and my situation are like they are watching me...

I would volunteer for research, but I don't see any where that it promises to protect my identity... Too Bad.

Closed Thread