It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
(female)

ac130 HB User
Anyone with CFS and tremors?

I'm just wondering if anyone diagnosed with CFS experienced tremors at the onset. Like whole-body shaking, shivering as if you've just been through something traumatic (not just a hand or something, as in Parkinson's). I suspect it's not a typical CFS symptom but wanted to check anyway...

Old 07-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
(female)

lojo222 HB User
Re: Anyone with CFS and tremors?

Oh yes...lots of tremors..from the onset..I am having them bad today in fact..mine are mostly internal..like a buzzing sensation in side..I get them in my chest and my head..feels like a brain shiver ..and my legs..i noticed them more at night or when I am resting. I just did some yardwork and I am buzzing pretty bad right now..I have had MRI's EEG's brain scans..nerve tests...all normal..so it has to be the EBV that caused this CFS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
(female)

ac130 HB User

Hi lojo,
Did you have a flu-like illness at the onset as well? Or just the tremors and buzzing?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
(female)

lojo222 HB User

I had strange symptoms..I guess I felt like I was getting the flu..I had dizzy spells and near-fainting...bad muscle twitching and spasms..especially in my chest....and run -down and shaky all the time...very strange...nothing like mono..no sore throat or high fever...these symptoms hung around and then I developed Hepatitis...with it's own terrible symptoms..after that the long -drawn out fatigue set in and has never left...it has gotten better but even today I am having the tremors..the dizziness and heart palpitations...I don't think it will ever go away.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
(female)

ac130 HB User

Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems...
I didn't have flu-like symptoms either (although I developed a sore throat much later). Definitely a lot of lightheadedness, palpitations, and exhaustion though.
However, in the meantime I have been diagnosed with lyme disease! So I guess that explains it for me...

Old 08-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
(female)

lojo222 HB User

I have wondered so many times if i could have Lyme disease..my symptoms sound so similar...all the muscles twitching and tremors and dizziness and heart palpitations..I have wondered.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
(female)

ac130 HB User

Lojo, why don't you come over to the lyme boards, tell your story, and get some info on testing? And that goes for anyone else with CFS who is wondering- you don't have to recall a tick bite or bullseye rash (I don't, although I come from an infested area). The symptoms are very similar. EBV is common as well.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
(female)

lojo222 HB User

I have heard that sometimes catching an infection like EBV will reactivate Lyme disease...is that possible? I am 44 now ..but years ago when i was 17 I suddenly became very sick..strange symptoms..everyone thought it was anxiety...hyperventilating, shaking, chills, sick stomach and even my blood sugar rose to almost 400...no one could figure out what was wrong with me...I was sick for months but had terrible anxiety attacks for a long time after that...I always wondered if this is all related...

Old 08-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
(female)

ac130 HB User

I've actually heard the reverse - that having lyme suppresses the immune system, so that viruses like EBV can reactivate. I know that I have never shown any signs of EBV during the past 5 years of testing, but suddenly now that I'm sick and exhausted all the time, the IgGs (antibodies for old or chronic infection) are appearing positive.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

I get tremors the same as you've described. I had a severe viral illness that I am recovering from, although the recovery is taking so long that they've diagnosed CFS.
The first time I really felt the tremor was after a stressful event but I get it a lot now and it doesn't seem to be linked to anything really. It's nothing I had before I got ill!

Closed Thread