It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

cat6009 HB User
Can you recover from post viral fatigue?

I had acute gastroenteritis 3 weeks ago. Treated with antibiotics although I found out later it was viral gastroenteritis. Since this I've had cronic fatigue and been signed off with post viral fatigue. I thought I was getting better then I got my period and the symptoms came back again. Is it just because Ive got my period? As I was getting better. Also can you advise me on whether I should go back to work as I don't want to make it worse! please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
(female)

cat6009 HB User
Re: Can you recover from post viral fatigue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6009 View Post
I had acute gastroenteritis 3 weeks ago. Treated with antibiotics although I found out later it was viral gastroenteritis. Since this I've had cronic fatigue and been signed off with post viral fatigue. I thought I was getting better then I got my period and the symptoms came back again. Is it just because Ive got my period? As I was getting better. Also can you advise me on whether I should go back to work as I don't want to make it worse! please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
(male)

reallyjohn HB User

I would try hot chilli peppers for viral gastroenteritis because it is one of the few geniune antivirals there is.The active component in hot chilli peppers is the basis for a popular oral antiherpes medication.The hotter the better.To get it past u tongue(where u will feel the "heat"),have a drink of fruit juice just before the chilli pepper. Dont overdo it- half a pepper twice a day is fine.
The other way to remove viruses is to poop them out so eat very large amounts of quality wholemeal bread.
Should be lot better in a few days.
Periods are a stresser so dont go back till u period finishes.
Work on u diet,not only as a cure but as a preventative.High residue diet with no saturated fat (protein from fish) and u will feel better overall.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

Yes you can definitely recover.
What helps me:
Keep positive - whenever you think about what you can't do think about what you can do instead. Relaxation - forget about what you should be doing (which will only stress you and make you worse) and instead concentrate on relaxing, enjoyment - read, watch dvds, sit in the sun, try to speak to friends, go for a short walk. I also try to really listen to my body and when I feel tired don't push myself but rest. I am getting better but slowly.
Of course it's easy to give advice but hard to stick to it - I just think about a day at a time and I do get down but getting rid of the negative thoughts is the best thing for me.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

cat6009 HB User
Smile Re: Can you recover from post viral fatigue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyjohn View Post
I would try hot chilli peppers for viral gastroenteritis because it is one of the few geniune antivirals there is.The active component in hot chilli peppers is the basis for a popular oral antiherpes medication.The hotter the better.To get it past u tongue(where u will feel the "heat"),have a drink of fruit juice just before the chilli pepper. Dont overdo it- half a pepper twice a day is fine.
The other way to remove viruses is to poop them out so eat very large amounts of quality wholemeal bread.
Should be lot better in a few days.
Periods are a stresser so dont go back till u period finishes.
Work on u diet,not only as a cure but as a preventative.High residue diet with no saturated fat (protein from fish) and u will feel better overall.
Thank you so much. Only just logged back on. I've still got the pvf and now the doc is saying pvfs. I'm going to try the chilli pepper. I'm trying to eat healthy food. I just don't seem to be improving its soooo scary. It's 5 weeks now. Do you think it will improve? I'm so scared it'll end up being ME!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
(female)

cat6009 HB User

Has anyone got better from post viral fatigue? is it possible after 6 weeks?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #7
(female)

cat6009 HB User

Hi

Thank you so much for answering my question. Can I ask you how long have you had it for? Is it possible for it to go in weeks and not months/years?

many thanks, cat

Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #8
(male)

reallyjohn HB User

Hi Cat,
Re how long-ppl who come back from places like the sub-continent invariably take 3-6 months to get over it.If u got it here,then an educated guess would be half of that-2 to 3 months.
No dairy-when dairy mucilage hardens,it stays inside u system and locks the virus with it. The human body has its own natural mucilage which cleans the body of viruses by slowly flushing them out and excreting them.Dairy mucilage hardens and accumulates, and the virus will stay there , permanently flattening your immune system.
The thing with curing these syndromes is to look at food in a totally different light to western society- more like the japanese who have concepts of functional foods and eating to achieve outcomes.
Summarising- no dairy,bomb the the system with wholemeal bread until u get two bowel motions per day ,and some hot chilli peppers.

Closed Thread