It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 05:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User
Question What was your life like before getting chronically fatigued?

Hey,

I have a bit of a theory about why I'm chronically fatigued right now.
My life before was really hectic, I was always on the go, loads of energy, doing lots all the time. If I was at home I couldn't sit still for 2 minutes and even when I'd be sat watching tv I'd also be emailing or doing something else.

I think my body had no reserves because I never properly rested or relaxed. When I got ill my body had nothing to fall back on.

I wonder if anyone else was the same? From what I've read there are a number of other people the same? Wondering if it's a common reason for us to be suffering chronic fatigue?

Tess

Old 10-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: What was your life like before getting chronically fatigued?

That's an interesting question
I was 18 when it hit, I'm 30 now. At the beginning of my pregnancy. The fatigue & fog hit like a ton of bricks! It's been multiply symptoms since & just gets worst.
Before it all I was very busy. Constantly on the go. I'd walk a mile to a friends house then back, sometimes 6 or 7 times a day. I would work 13 hours a day for over a week & be out with friends most of the night getting 3-5 hours of sleep. I had another part time job which was very physical. I didn't really stop. I had a tv & would let it run, but never sat down to watch it. The only time I remember sitting down was to go out to coffee with friends & visit.
I was active, skinny & felt great! I don't remember ever getting mad about anything. I was very patient. I had a hard childhood but for 3 yrs before this hit, I was at my happiest. I may have been run down & didn't know it. Then the pregnancy may have been the final straw. But then, the Dr who is actually taking me serious, asked if I ever had Mono. I did when I was about 15. I guess you always carry the virus once you've had it. Studies show it may be the cause.
I see a Rhumetologist next week. My Dr diagnosed me with Chronic Fatigue. I've had many tests & all turn out fine... I do have Thyroid Probs & also been allergic to Wheat Gluten & Wheat Starch. I've eaten Bleach wheat for years... Well, anymore, any gluten causes me probs. So, I've been on a gluten free diet for 4 months.
The brain fog for me is the worst. I feel like I'm watching my life through a window or tv. I feel that maybe if I felt "awake" I'd be able to live a more fulfilling life.

Also, I found that I have Anxiety with Depression. The Anxiety makes me jump from one thing to another. I feel like if I stop, I'll just drop & get nothing done. Anymore my body is so sore & tired, plus I have a bad back which causes allot of probs... So, I rest more these days, have to. But even while resting, I still have to be doing something. Even if it's goi9ng through bills, preparing papers for tax season or just doing a puzzle. My mind has to be doing something or I get restless...

Last edited by thefarm; 10-08-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User
Re: What was your life like before getting chronically fatigued?

Hi Themartinfarm,

Thank you very much for sharing your story.
I found it very interesting, and you do sound very similar to me. Very driven, keen to get on and enjoy your life, keen to make the most of your life and always with lots of energy and zing. I'm sorry it's been such a part of your life for the last 12 years. I think we have so many similarities.

I'm also wheat free and fructose free (fruit sugar), if I eat these things I notice a negative difference in how I feel. I'm currently eating as well as I can, a diet high in vegetables, protein and complex carbohydrates, and low saturated fat. Lots of rest and relaxation and gentle exercise. I do feel somewhat better but feel that my liver is very toxic and until more of the toxins have gone from my body then I'll feel better.

Thanks for sharing and let me know how you get on with the Rhumetologist. Very best of luck with the pregnancy, many congratulations!

Closed Thread