It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB User
Question Tired of being tired(all the time)

Hello. I am 1 month out of thyroid sx and i feel like i've been hit by a truck. I'm so tired. I wake up every 2 hrs at night and now am to the point of being scared to drive because i'm so tired. Calle dthe endo and he said talk to the pcp, no luck so far. Any thoughts?????

Old 09-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB User
Re: Tired of being tired(all the time)

Another update-my pcp has now prescribed me 30mg terazapam for insomnia(cfs). Has anybody used this drug before? Any feed back would be appreciated....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurlbert3 View Post
Another update-my pcp has now prescribed me 30mg terazapam for insomnia(cfs). Has anybody used this drug before? Any feed back would be appreciated....
I wish I were more help... It's taken 12 yrs to find a Dr to help me & give me a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'm going to a Rhumetologist next week. 12 yrs of being tired all the time & trying to live a somewhat normal life. The worst part is that people don't understand. I look perfectly normal.
I have a Severe Degenerative Disk. I was Prescribed Neurontin for the pain, but doesn't do any good. It's been a great substitute for the Depression, Anxiety & Insomnia! I really like it! Unfortunately, I found that because it's considered an Anti seizure medicine, it lowers the effects of Birthcontrol which I have been taking! yikes! Not happy about Dr's not telling me this before prescribing...

Anyhow, I also take Calcium & Magnesium before bed which helps. You should also take Omega 3, Multi-vitamins, & Vitamin D. Vitamin B is supposed to be helpful but I don't like it, make me feel sick.

Oh, the Neurontin is an appetite suppressant... I haven't lost any weight but nothing sounds good & have to make myself eat.

I also have Thyroid Probs. There is a product called Thyrostim. It's great! It's a Thyroid support I've been able to lower my Thyroid-S (Natural Thyroid) from 240mg to 60mg!

I'm prob not much help, but hopefully helped atleast alittle

Last edited by thefarm; 10-08-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurlbert3 View Post
I take terazapam. they worked for about 3 months but then stopped. Now, I take it in combo with Xanax. That usually puts me out.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
(male)

tubsfahkwah HB User

Unfortunately, 99% of doctors want you in and out because they get paid by the hour. Modern medicine is ok at some things but not so good at resolving chronic issues which require experiementation and testing to get the right solution for you.

For me, without supplementation I cannot achieve deep sleep at all. I had to resolve this issue first so I tried more or less everything (benzo's, AD's, amino's) and I found that a mix of 5htp and neurontin puts me out and gives me awesome sleep.

I had to use research , with trial and error to fix myself and this took me around 3 years to get the combo right.

Spend some time online looking at CFS resources. Dont expect anyone to be able to give you a quick fix on a silver platter because brain and body chemistry varies so much from person to person!

Good luck to you and God Bless.

Closed Thread