It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
(female)

aussiechick8 HB User
CFS: My experience, up to date treatments and info - hope it helps x

I personally suffer from CFS amongst other things and I have a long history of being sick too and I'm so over it and ppl pretty much telling me to harden up and get on with it, to name a few i've had Glandular Fever, CFS, shingles, tonsilitis, Major depressive disorder which developed after having been prescribed -(now known as) incredibly high doses- of RoAccutane/Accutane and latest has been Bipolar Disorder and CFS relapse.

I believe all except tonsils are to do with the same virus within my body, I'm 23 and feel 80 some days, Doctors have been little to no help over time, I am currently highly medicated for Bipolar(pristiq, seroquel and valpro) so I am quite a cocktail to begin with but lately I have had the extreme overwhelming fatigue all over again, walking the stairs is exhausting, study takes it out of me and I have exams next week! Over time what I've found to be most useful for my symptoms has been Natropathic herbal remedies (herbal tonics) vitamin supplements, iron injections(energy and endurance) I was really low in that too borderline anaemic and acupuncture for muscle and bodily pains, gut pain and headaches. I am in pain everyday I could fall asleep at any given moment and cannot exercise which devastates me, not to mention the complete lack of sex drive!!!

I have just started back seeing my natropath, booked with my most clued up doctor again in a few weeks time,(I highly suggest doctor shopping with your list till you find one that hears you!) still seeing my wonderful clinical psychologist(also highly suggested not just because of MH issues but for support, friendship and strategies) and my psychiatrist. Also I am studying health so I have access to many resources and info so I am an informed patient to be sure, found out today however that your gut influences 75% approx of your serotonin levels(happy brain chemicals) and a large percentage of your immune function, so along with ordering a full scale blood test(thyroid particularly T3, T4 and antibodies and TSH my natro asked for iron levels and suggested that all my symptoms were similar to a thyroid cond called Hashimoto's

Hope that helps a bit if this thread is still accessed

x

Last edited by moderator2; 10-06-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread