It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

vickym1984 HB User
Constantly changing vestibular disorders diagnosis but could it be CFS?

Since Jan 05 I have had periodic attacks lasting 6-8 weeks of symptomns, inspursed with months of being "ok" but would have some bad days in with those periods.

My symptomns are feeling off balance, some spinning dizziness, feeling weak, fuzzy/cloudy head, can't properly talk/I mumble a lot when I have a bad day, tiredness from doing minor things (a 30 min trip to the local shops before lunch send me to bed for the afternoon), don't necessarily feel any more awake after the sleep but it stops me feeling exhausted for those hours I am asleep for. Sometimes I have had periods where I have been fine, for Jan-Sep last yr I was brilliant except for the few bad days, I could go to the gym again etc, was lovely, but haven't been like that in about a year now.

I have had various "diagnosis" from labyrinthitis to Benign paroxysmal vertigo to meneires but none of the medications on techniques for these seem to work on a lasting scale.

My Dad mentioned last year could it be CFS but its never been mentioned and I don't know what to think,

On a good day I can (if I still had a job) go to work as long as its a sit down job, I can go out for short walks, go shopping etc, I can't stand still without feeling giddy for longer than about 5 minutes

On a bad day I get exhausted from a short walk, I can't shower alone, I can't cook a meal for fear of burning myself if I have a funny turn, I stumble around at night time if I get up so can't be alone

At the moment I am pregnant so I know the doctors will try and plam anything off on that even if I have had it before I was pregnant, but I will be going back after the baby is born and demand more answers

I have had a MRI done and bloods so know its nothing untowards x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User
Re: Constantly changing vestibular disorders diagnosis but could it be CFS?

This is exactly my story! I have no idea what it is, I too have had all kinds of diagnosis but nothing helps. I'm also pregnant (36 weeks) so I've had to put it on the back burner because now everyone chalks it up to being pregnant. I know how you feel, and it's sooo frustrating!

Old 10-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
(female)

vickym1984 HB User

Hi hun, thanks for the reply. I went to a different GP at my surgery backed up by my husband and gave them a 2 sided piece of A4 paper of what I had written about my symptomns and how they affect my day to day life. She was very concerned that it had not been dealt with properly and now have a referral to an endocrinologist who also deals with CFS/ME

The GP advised they may not be able to do all the tests whilst I am pregnant but at least I am getting somewhere in the system. I would defintely reccomend you pushing it when you can. After the baby is born you may come up against them saying its to do with sleep loss from a new baby but please persist about how long its been going on and maybe get someone to come in with you

Old 10-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

How far along are you? I'm worried this will somehow affect delivery or the pushing stage. When I get hot or overwhelmed, my ears seem to plug up and then ring and then everything starts spinning. I'm worried on how I'm going to handle contractions and pushing!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
(female)

vickym1984 HB User

Hi hun, I am 26+1 today. I am planning a home birth as it will be more restful and relaxing for me, and I think this will help out.

If you can get your hands on a copy of the hypnobirthing book I would reccomend it, it teaches relaxation techniques which help your body labour naturally.

Basically because we all hear about horrible labours etc, when we go into labour we tense up and envoke the flight or fight response, this means all the oxygen goes to our arms/legs/heart etc and away from our uterus and the contreactions become more painful. If we are in a state of relaxation we can allow them to do what they are meant to and open up easier

I have done 2 hypnobirthing classes so far, 3rd one tonight and one more next week but it is all based on biology so it makes sense.

Rest as much as you can over the coming weeks so you have the energy you need for birthing and when you are in labour eat if you can

Old 12-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
(male)

CFIDS HB User

CFS is a TH2 dominant condition...to make things worse, the body produces HCG and other hormones when pregnant to intentionally shift the mother over to a TH2 immune state so the body doesnt see the fetus as a foreign protein and destroy it...that could be why u get worse during or right after pregnancy...it is the opposite effect for mothers with TH1 mediate disease like MS or RA...they sometimes report complete relief of symptoms while pregnant.

Closed Thread