It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
(female)

cat6009 HB User
relapses

Can anyone help me with advice. I had a stomach virus 8 weeks ago now and had all the symptoms of post viral fatigue. I've now been told its post viral fatigue syndrome. The thing is week by week I appeared to be improving. Then last week I had a crash and the symptoms came back. Especially the neurological ones, headache, spaced out, lack of coordination, generally out of it. I tried to go back to work yesterday. I couldn't function. I don't understand. How come I was recovering, almost 90 percent, I was a bit weak and still had food intolerances, but overall my brain and body were functioning. Can anyone give me some advice and help or tell me if this is normal in pvf?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User
Re: relapses

Hi,
Sorry that you had a relapse after getting so much better. It's very frustrating.
I have had the same, I was recovering from a bad viral infection and overdid it and am back to almost step 1. I don't know why or how, I know in my case I overdid it and I also was eating foods that I was intolerant to (without realising it). I've been trying to relax and properly rest, eat well, take loads of vitamins. Sorry, I'm not able to offer more advice, but I think what we've both experienced is typical of recovery from something that's knocked the body for 6. We have to just let the body recover at it's pace, although it's very hard to do when used to just doing whatever you want. Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread