It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

WVPeach HB User
Confused....most everything is "normal", yet I feel so.....

I've posted on both the thyroid board and the anemia board trying to find answers. The last suggested I post here too since nothing else really matches up.

Symptoms: extreme cold intolerance, excessively dry skin, exhaustion (no matter how much or little sleep I get, I am still tired), multiple occurrence of basal cell carcinoma (keep in mind, I am only 37- developed first BCC early 20s), nonexistent sex drive, irregular monthly cycles, migraine type headaches couple times a week (usually lasting couple days at a time), back and hip pain (back "locks up" when I bend over to help kids or dog in the bath....hip pain most often occurs during intercourse but also have times when I get that "catch" in my hip while walking)

I can't remember the exact moment when it started, I just know that for as long as I can remember now, I have just been soooo tired. I'd say I started talking to my drs about the problem about 4 yrs or so ago. My FP simply chalked it up to "depression". I didn't think I was depressed...still don't. But that is the only answer he would ever give for my problems. Never would do labs, just "assuming" it was depression. After addressing and readdressing several times with no luck, I mentioned it to my GYN, thinking maybe it was pre-menopausal stuff. She got the ball rolling, ordered some labs and a thyroid US.

In Aug 2009, was found to have a thyroid nodule, 1.1cm in size, so my GYN ordered for a thyroid biopsy. The results inconclusive. Referred to ENT and after reviewing he advised rescan by US in 6 months. That was done and multiple nodules were found, and subsequently a partial thyroidectomy was performed in April 2010. The pathology on this was benign. All follow up thyroid labs "normal". Well, I have been following with the ENT since April basically for nothing it seems. Labs, when ordered, always normal. No thyroid replacement ordered.

Last month, I switched FP since I couldn't seem to get anywhere with my original dr, and I obviously am not feeling any better. I've listed my most recent labs below....

CBC
WBC= 6.9 (4.8-10.8)
RBC=4.47 (4.2-5.4)
HGB=13.8 (12-15)
HCT=40.5 (36-47)

CMP
BUN= 11 (7-18)
NA= 139 (135-145)
K=3.6 (3.3.-5.1)
Ca= 9.4 (8.5-10.1)

Cholesterol
Total=204
Triglycerides = 67
HDL= 71
direct LDL=121
Chol/HDL ratio = 2/87
LDL/HDL ratio = 1.7

Thyroid studies
Total T3= 1.5 (0.8-1.7)
Total T4= 6.2 (4.5-12.5)
TSH 3rd gen= 1.69 (0.4-4.0)
Thyroglobulin= <20 (0-40)
TPO= <10 (10-35)

B12=507 (193-962)

total Iron= 42 (50-170)

Ferritin done about 6 months ago = 37 (10-120)

VitD= 23 (32-100)

EBV titres
EBVIgG= positive
IgM= equivocal
Early Antigen= negative
Nuclear = positive

Follow up with md not until 11/30 but dr called after lab results came in and ordered to start me on B12 injections weekly x 8 shots d/t the positive EBV - guessing for the "energy boost". I've had one injection, due for the second one tomorrow. Still feeling nothing in the way of better, but I am reading around the anemia board that it takes awhile to get good effects.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated. I am simply at a loss to figure out how to fix myself. I am just tired of being tired.

Thanks in advance.
WVPeach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
(female)

pandora55 HB User
Re: Confused....most everything is "normal", yet I feel so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVPeach View Post
I've posted on both the thyroid board and the anemia board trying to find answers. The last suggested I post here too since nothing else really matches up.

Symptoms: extreme cold intolerance, excessively dry skin, exhaustion (no matter how much or little sleep I get, I am still tired), multiple occurrence of basal cell carcinoma (keep in mind, I am only 37- developed first BCC early 20s), nonexistent sex drive, irregular monthly cycles, migraine type headaches couple times a week (usually lasting couple days at a time), back and hip pain (back "locks up" when I bend over to help kids or dog in the bath....hip pain most often occurs during intercourse but also have times when I get that "catch" in my hip while walking)

I can't remember the exact moment when it started, I just know that for as long as I can remember now, I have just been soooo tired. I'd say I started talking to my drs about the problem about 4 yrs or so ago. My FP simply chalked it up to "depression". I didn't think I was depressed...still don't. But that is the only answer he would ever give for my problems. Never would do labs, just "assuming" it was depression. After addressing and readdressing several times with no luck, I mentioned it to my GYN, thinking maybe it was pre-menopausal stuff. She got the ball rolling, ordered some labs and a thyroid US.

In Aug 2009, was found to have a thyroid nodule, 1.1cm in size, so my GYN ordered for a thyroid biopsy. The results inconclusive. Referred to ENT and after reviewing he advised rescan by US in 6 months. That was done and multiple nodules were found, and subsequently a partial thyroidectomy was performed in April 2010. The pathology on this was benign. All follow up thyroid labs "normal". Well, I have been following with the ENT since April basically for nothing it seems. Labs, when ordered, always normal. No thyroid replacement ordered.

Last month, I switched FP since I couldn't seem to get anywhere with my original dr, and I obviously am not feeling any better. I've listed my most recent labs below....

CBC
WBC= 6.9 (4.8-10.8)
RBC=4.47 (4.2-5.4)
HGB=13.8 (12-15)
HCT=40.5 (36-47)

CMP
BUN= 11 (7-18)
NA= 139 (135-145)
K=3.6 (3.3.-5.1)
Ca= 9.4 (8.5-10.1)

Cholesterol
Total=204
Triglycerides = 67
HDL= 71
direct LDL=121
Chol/HDL ratio = 2/87
LDL/HDL ratio = 1.7

Thyroid studies
Total T3= 1.5 (0.8-1.7)
Total T4= 6.2 (4.5-12.5)
TSH 3rd gen= 1.69 (0.4-4.0)
Thyroglobulin= <20 (0-40)
TPO= <10 (10-35)

B12=507 (193-962)

total Iron= 42 (50-170)

Ferritin done about 6 months ago = 37 (10-120)

VitD= 23 (32-100)

EBV titres
EBVIgG= positive
IgM= equivocal
Early Antigen= negative
Nuclear = positive

Follow up with md not until 11/30 but dr called after lab results came in and ordered to start me on B12 injections weekly x 8 shots d/t the positive EBV - guessing for the "energy boost". I've had one injection, due for the second one tomorrow. Still feeling nothing in the way of better, but I am reading around the anemia board that it takes awhile to get good effects.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated. I am simply at a loss to figure out how to fix myself. I am just tired of being tired.

Thanks in advance.
WVPeach
I' STILL FOCUS ON THYROID AND MAYBE ANEMIA TOO BOOT, I TOO SUFFER WITH THYROID AND WHEN I'M REALLY TIRED I TAKE PRE-NATAL VITAMINS FOR THE ANEMIA AND MEDS FOR THE THYROID,ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES I FEEL JUST DRAINED OF ALL MY ENERGY, EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT A DOCTOR I HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT, ALSO IT REALLY JUST DEPENDS ON WHO READS THE RESULTS OF THE TEST, NOT VERY REASSURING BUT THE TRUTH, TRUST ME ON THAT, IT MAY TAKE AWHILE BUT THEY WILL FIND THE ANSWER. HANG IN THERE SWEETIE. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

mchavers1 HB Usermchavers1 HB User
Re: Confused....most everything is "normal", yet I feel so.....

One thing you I would suggest you research is a very powerful antioxidant called "Glutathione" which is the only antioxidant found within the cell that is responsible for a lot of what our body struggle with. I'm only 48 yrs old, but I can honestly tell you after my 1st month my energy, rest, focus, clarity, better weight control, son many good things are happening that my doctor dose'nt understand.

This supplement enable me to have energy as if I was in my early 30s, it has given me and my wife a whole different outlook on life we never experience before even before we meet. There are many antioxidant that serve their purpose, but this is so much different

Go research at www.pubmed.gov which is "The National Library of Medicine & Health" compared to I think 44,000 articles on Vitamin C there is a least 90,000 articles on this.

Let me know what you find. God Bless!

Closed Thread