It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Head Tingling/Off Balance

Hi Everybody:

I have lots of similar stories to everybody else. My illness started 5 yrs ago with a virus that never went away. I have overlapping symptoms of cfs/fm. But the one thing i also have that i don't hear anybody else complaining about is head tingling and also sometime tingling on the face. I have read a few people complaining of a balance problem. I also have something going in the left ear. Kind of a sound of the ocean. Not a buzzing or a ringing. Does ANYBODY have this tingling problem? I also have hashimotos. Don't know if that is causing it. Any feedback would be great. Also, everybody is complaining and running to different drs. as i am also. Is anybody ever getting better? I never hear anything positive. Are we going to suffer forever? I am so tired of being sick all the time. Before this virus i was a normal human being. LaLa

Old 12-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
(female)

missy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB User
Re: Head Tingling/Off Balance

I have been going through the samething. I have the tingling in my head and face at times. this has been happening for the past 2 months. My muscles and joints are killing me. I have been to the doctors and no one can help me or know whats going on. I also have a pain in my throat and the pain goes into my ear. If you have had any answers by now please share. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User

I also have the tingling--but it is in my face--mostly around my lips and one side of my cheek. They can't explain that one to me, either.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi All:
Just wondering if anyone has gotten any answers for the tingling. My tingling is getting worse. It was just on the top of my head but now it is on my cheeks and arms and legs. I also have lots of pressure in the head. It just does not feel right. Feels very odd and i am very afraid. I have bee following up with the neurologist but i have no answers. Every test i take is negative. Any feedback? lala

Old 02-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I've heard thyroid disease can cause tingling in your hands and feet. Have they diagnosed a virus that keeps recurring? A cold virus wouldn't last that long, you'd have to have some kind of allergy, sinus issue, week immune system or something. My doctor told me he thinks the fibromyalgia is causing my nerve problems. I have tingling in my face, back of my head, neck, thoracic spine, down my arms, fingers, legs, toes. I also have really bad spinal pain he is blaming on fibromyalgia, but I think maybe I have some pinched nerves. Diabetes, autoimmune disease (I have) and MS can cause it too. There are medications for it, Lyrica, Neurontin, Topamax. I haven't tried one yet but planning to soon. Plaquenil helped my fatigue for awhile but it's not now. I don't know if immunosuppressive medication is going to do the trick or not. I've been on one medication after another since 11 yrs ago, all I did was get worse.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi neveragain;
Maybe the tingling is from fibro, but i have not been diagnosed with fibro because i don't hurt to the touch. I do have very bad neck pain and lower back pain and my knees kind of hurt and so do my wrists. But things are always changing. i have very bad bone pain on the bones on the side of my elbows. i don't know what that is all about. It hurts like **** on those bones. Weird!!!! Right now though, my biggest problem is the tingling on and off everywhere and i really bad balance problem. I feel very unstable when i am walking. I am 52 yrs old. Almost 53. Up until a few months ago, i was in very good shape as far as going to the gym 4 times a week. I did a fast walk on the treadmill 2 1/2 to 3 miles each time. I was also going to sculpting classes 2x a week. I can't go now because of the balance problems and the lower back problems. I am going to a new neurologist in a few weeks to check for MS because my MRI showed someting with white matter and ischmia. I do have thyroid disease also which i have mentioned before. I don't want to take any of those meds you mentioned. I heard they can be nightmares. What is the autoimmune disease that you have? I could have lyme also. I am not sure. Still searching. You seem to at least know what you have. Have you been on any natural supplements?Have you been to a natural dr? That might help you if you find a good one. I am falling asleep. Talk later. Lala

Old 02-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I don't hurt to the touch either, I just have tender spots in particular areas. You should have your vitamin D checked with that bone pain, maybe your b-12 too, if you haven't already. If your back pain is that bad, that it's keeping you from functioning like you normally do, you need an MRI. I have been on neurontin many years ago, and I didn't have any problems with it. You might give one of them a try, if they do induce nightmares, you could always quit, and the problem would straighten itself up. I'm taking Chantix right now, even though it makes me hallucinate, it's worth the trouble if I can give up smoking again. I think I'd rather have the nightmares than the tingling. I get nightmares anyways, like last night my ex-hubby was in my dream. Ewww. )) I hope you don't have MS, whatever is wrong, won't be so bad. I have mixed connective tissue disease. I did try natural suppliments when I first got sick, but it didn't help. Another doctor put me on b12 because my fatigue was so bad, but he should have did a blood test really, to see if I needed that first. I don't really think there is natural suppliments for an overactive immune system, you can get stuff to boost it, but that's the last thing I'd want to do. Good luck. Really hope things work out okay for you.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Neveragain:
What does neveragain mean? Marriage? LOL I just took a blood test last week for vit D, magnesium, b12 and potassium and for my thyroid because i was on a new dose of synthroid i had to have it checked. I did not get the results yet, but i have checked for these before and they were ok. We will see. You really have to quite smoking. That is the worse toxin you can put in your body. I was a smoker also, but not anymore. I hate smoke now. What exactly is an overactive immune system? I am sure mine is underactive and that is one of the reasons i got sick in the first place. I have a thing about taking certain meds. The ones that react on the brain i don't want to take. Although, i do take zanax, but i started taking that before i became anti meds. Did you ever try myofacial release therapy? It is suppose to be helpful for connective tissue disease. So you have fibro and CFS also? If i were you i would check out a natural dr in your area. Talk soon.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
(female)

sevenseas831 HB Usersevenseas831 HB User

I have been having the same symptoms for about a month now. It start with episodes of feeling dizzy. The dizziness would come on while I was walking or just sitting -- it was not like the typical dizziness that a lot of people experience when getting up from a seated position. The numbness in my head and face (cheeks and around the lips) started a couple of days ago. I also feel very heavy in the head and find it extremely hard to focus. I just feel weird.

I also have Hashimoto's, so I am not sure if any of it could be attributed to that.

I have no answers either, but I wanted to let you know I have been experiencing the same thing.

I hope you feel better soon.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sevenseas:

By any chance are you in menopause? I am and I am just wondering if that is related also. Do you have CFS? What other problems or symptoms do you have. I am going for a balance test on Tues. to rule out any inner ear problems. It is helpful to know we are not alone, because most of the people I know don't understand it. I am sure you have the same thing. Are you going to a dr. for this new issue. Talk soon. Lala

Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
Hi Neveragain:
What does neveragain mean? Marriage? LOL I just took a blood test last week for vit D, magnesium, b12 and potassium and for my thyroid because i was on a new dose of synthroid i had to have it checked. I did not get the results yet, but i have checked for these before and they were ok. We will see. You really have to quite smoking. That is the worse toxin you can put in your body. I was a smoker also, but not anymore. I hate smoke now. What exactly is an overactive immune system? I am sure mine is underactive and that is one of the reasons i got sick in the first place. I have a thing about taking certain meds. The ones that react on the brain i don't want to take. Although, i do take zanax, but i started taking that before i became anti meds. Did you ever try myofacial release therapy? It is suppose to be helpful for connective tissue disease. So you have fibro and CFS also? If i were you i would check out a natural dr in your area. Talk soon.
No lol but that would be a good reason. lol. I don't know it's been so long. something happened, but I can't remember what it was. I know I need to quit smoking. But I think I will enjoy it until I see my rhematologist anyways. I am not going to feel better until he gets me on the right medication. An overactive immune system is a state where your body attacks itself. It fails to distinguish between foreign invaders and its own body constituents. The common characteristic of all autoimmune diseases is an immune system that attacks healthy tissues, thus provoking inflammation, as well as tissue and organ damage. If you have severe fatigue and pain, you might want to check into that and see if that is why. It does not have to be underactive for you to be sick. Yes I have been dx'd with fibro and CFS too. I have been to a natural doctor in the past. But I need a rhematologist that can help suppress my immune system with medications so it can start acting normally, without that, I don't have a chance against my fatigue. Yes I have had myofacial release therapy through physical therapy and OMG I love that. It's great. I'd do it regulary if I could.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
(female)

sevenseas831 HB Usersevenseas831 HB User

Hi Lala52:

I am not experiencing menopause yet, but since I am 45, I guess I could be pre-menopausal.

I have several health issues, but I am not sure if any of them are related to the dizziness, etc.:

Hashimoto's with hypothyrodism (I take 75 mcg of Synthroid daily)
Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Hiatal Hernia
Pre-Diabetes (I take 1,000 mg of Metformin 2X daily)
Low Vitamin D (I take 50,000 icu weekly)
High cholesterol (I take Losartan and Lipitor for this)

I had my gallbladder removed in 2007. I also have a chronic cough which started 8 years ago. All the doctors I have seen for this thought it was due to acid reflux; however I just had the 24-hour pH test done and it did not show any significant reflux. I am now being treated for laryngeal sensory neuropathy, which my ENT believes is the source of my cough. I just started taking 10 mg of Elavil a day for that.

I am thinking that perhaps my dizziness and foggy mind are the side effects of my meds -- perhaps the Metformin. The Elavil would likely cause this effect, but the dizziness started long before I started taking it, so who knows. I also just had an upwards adjustment on my Synthroid about a month and a half ago, so maybe that is it.

I hope you find out what is causing yours. I am going to see how things go for a few more weeks and then see a neurologist if needed.

Debbie

Closed Thread