It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

TRANSLATOR HB User
Question When do you know it is time to stop working due to cf?

Over the last 11 years working with fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue and every other symptom that goes with both of them, I have used all of my sick days, almost all of my vacation days, and feel so discouraged about not having energy to do anything. I am wondering if it is time to stop working, look into disability. I am 53 years old, still have children at home going to school so we really need the income I bring in, but I really don't know if I can go on not knowing from one day to the next if I will feel good or not. Has anyone gone through this before?

Old 02-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: When do you know it is time to stop working due to cf?

I've been on the other end, not working, and letting this take me down as bad as it possibly can. I wish I had the strength to get up and go to work, but I'm just now after 14 yrs fighting this fatigue and keeping myself out of bed, only unless my back pain is flaring. Your better off making yourself do things than you are giving into this. I have felt so worthless, depressed, and didn't think I could go on one more day, but I have, and it really helps to just get up and do things I need to do, to try and live a partially normal life. Disability would likely be fine, but just don't let this illness drag you down because you have all that free time on your hands.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
(female)

TRANSLATOR HB User

Thanks, I appreciate your words of experience. I just get so depressed and discouraged because when I feel bad I know I am not doing my best at work, and this bothers me. I agree though, having a reason to get up and get going makes me get my mind off of myself and how I feel. I hope you feel better.

The following user gives a hug of support to TRANSLATOR:
neveragain444 (03-01-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
(female)

mads12 HB User

I havebeen diagnosed now for 3 years and had to go part time about 2 years ago. I managed ok until my mum had a stroke amongst other things and i dealt with everything and then crashed, completely! Tried going bck for a few months on a faze in basis and unfortunately even that was too much, have been off work since january and no sign of returning any time soon. Best advice I can give is speak to your employers, make them aware of ME/CFS and everything that goes along with it, with a bit of luck they will be understanding and try to help you out as much as possible, they should do if you have a diagnosis from a consultant. Hope this is of some help to you, dont give up work withut a fight but you need to listen to what your body is saying too.

The Following User Says Thank You to mads12 For This Useful Post:
TRANSLATOR (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
(female)

TRANSLATOR HB User

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have thought about just trying to work part time, see if I can swing it with the money issue. But you are right, my body has been trying to tell me to slow down for awhile. It is hard when one day you might feel ok, and then the next you feel bad. Thanks and take care!

Closed Thread