It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
(female)

WonderWhatItIS HB User
Maybe CFS?

New here ... been trying to figure out what I have and I am thinking maybe CFS. Plz help.

My symptoms were not preceded by any cold or cough.

One day last Dec I became very dizzy, like I was on a boat in very choppy water. It didn't go away. It was accompanied by my left arm being very weak w/ pins/needles. My left leg became weak feeling, though I never fell down and never had a dead leg feeling.

Four days later, went to ER. They discharged me w/ vertigo.
Told me to follow up w/ regular doc.
My reg doc was out of town so I saw another reg doc. He said it was probably "inner ear" and that "viruses can make us feel weak" which explained my clumsy leg/arm feelings.

I followed up in Jan w/ Neurologist since symptoms were not subsiding. She ran MRI of brain w/ and w/o contrast. Came back normal. It showed only some sinus inflammation but they only suggested ibuprofren for it.

Followed up w/ my reg doc. Told her I was having weird things like numbness in half my face/tongue, same balance issues of feeling on a boat (not room spinning). Nothing was resolving itself.

She gave me a pill for the sinus (God-awful doxycycline which made me worse I think!) Started having joint pain and even a small bruise on my right shoulder. She ran tons of blood work, all normal.

She gave me another pill (gaba) to see if it would help my nerves. I took it two days and couldn't tell if it made any difference. I didn't want pills! I want a diagonsis.

Shoulders were very sore, achy, almost a firey feeling (?) a couple days in a row.

Went back to doc (after hours) because my right arm and neck were so weak and sore! Felt like lactic acid build up. He said "muscle strain". (?) Gave me a precrip for muscle realxers. I never filled it.

Now I notice that my left arm seems visibly weaker, as in the muscles look like they're shrunken.

Thru this whole ordeal, I haven't once thrown-up nor ran a fever.

My symptoms change every couple of days. Now the weak look arm has me more worried.

Have any of you lost muscle mass? Or do you just feel weak?

I look at my left arm and it's thinner than it was three months back, but that's also due to my bland diet of late.

I am an over tired mom of three kids - 5, 2, and 1. I haven't slept since 2006. I'm joking, but I mean I haven't really SLEPT since the kids have been born so closely together. I have no relatives in area to help w/ my load and I know it bothers me, but this has to be more than anxiety.

The neur and I meet this Tues. She wants to discuss a lumbar puncture. I am not so sure I want that route. Don't MRI's of spine/neck help?
She hasn't told me yet why she wants the LP done, I guess we're going to discuss.

I also go for an apt w/ and ENT and also for a heart stress test at my suggestion. I also had a clear lung xray done.

Symptoms today:
Weak left arm, seems to have lost muscle tone
Popping of joints
Tired neck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
(female)

WonderWhatItIS HB User
Re: Maybe CFS?

[QUOTE=WonderWhatItIS;4709789]New here ... been trying to figure out what I have and I am thinking maybe CFS. Plz help.

Please, anyone have any ideas?

Today my right big toe is numb again (on and off)
And I had a lot of numbness in my limbs trying to sleep last night

Any ideas, any suggestions are appreciated.

Closed Thread