It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
(female)

disillusion HB User
Completely Drained after one glass of wine

I've had serve insomnia for about 2 months (I tried posting this in the sleep disorder forum, but no one is over there) and haven't slept well for a while. Recently I noticed that even having one glass of wine will make me very tired and I will be completely drained and exhausted the next day, even if I stop drinking well before bedtime. Is this a common effect of insomnia? My tolerance may be low as I haven't been drinking, but I used to be able to have at least 2 or 3 glasses with no effect. If I start having one glass at dinner time will it increase my ability to handle it again?

Old 03-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
(male)

reallyjohn HB User
Re: Completely Drained after one glass of wine

Anyone who has severe insomnia ,including ppl with cfs , will get flattened when drinking wine during the day. The way to turn this to your advantage is to use wine as a sleeping pill, at say 1-2 am if u cant get to sleep.
Dont drink any wine during the day.
During the nite, drink one glass only.
I did some research on wine and sleep from some sites that catalogue university research.
Red wine is far superior to white wine because it has much higher levels of polyphenols,including revastropol, which are immune system boosters.
Studies show that ppl who drink one glass of wine daily live over 2 years longer than teetotallers, but ppl who drink four glasses daily die three years earlier than teetotallers.
This is not a cure for insomnia,or cfs, but a good natural aid that will get u to sleep some nites.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
(female)

disillusion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyjohn View Post
Anyone who has severe insomnia ,including ppl with cfs , will get flattened when drinking wine during the day. The way to turn this to your advantage is to use wine as a sleeping pill, at say 1-2 am if u cant get to sleep.
Dont drink any wine during the day.
During the nite, drink one glass only.
I did some research on wine and sleep from some sites that catalogue university research.
Red wine is far superior to white wine because it has much higher levels of polyphenols,including revastropol, which are immune system boosters.
Studies show that ppl who drink one glass of wine daily live over 2 years longer than teetotallers, but ppl who drink four glasses daily die three years earlier than teetotallers.
This is not a cure for insomnia,or cfs, but a good natural aid that will get u to sleep some nites.
Drinking wine at night is one of the worst things you can do for insomina, it disrupts sleeping patterns.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
(male)

Perthman HB User

I have sent this post to a few people with chronic fatigue like syptoms like yours so hope this helps:
I have also experienced chronic fatigue like symptoms for a while now(5 Years) until now. The best thing that you can do is have a hair analysis done so that you can see if there are heavy metals that are too high in the body. i have excessive amounts of copper in my system that are causing a chain reaction of problems in the body, with the outcome being "chronic fatigue" you might have this or another type of heavy metal in the body that blocks certain minerals from working as they should. this causes deficiency of minerls and vitamins, which as i said before, causes a major chain reaction through out the body. You need to find a naturopath or a nutritional medicine doctor that does a hair analysis cause im not sure if all of them do it. Remember this, medication is only masking what is truly going on in the body. for everything, think about finding the root cause, not treat the symptom as medication mainly does.

The wine is a diaretic so be aware that you will pee out vitamins and minerals after alcohol consumption. your tryptophan levels may also be low. red wine in mall doses does have some health benefits but look at the bigger picture of how it is affecting you. book in and get a hair analysis, it helped me soooo much.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I drink only red wine socially. Sometimes I feel more tired the next day and sometimes I dont. If I only drink 1 glass, I usually am ok, however if I have more than 1, I am usually tired, but sometimes it can be the other way. I think with CFS, almost anything can set off more fatigue, that is why I only tend to drink socially for special occasions.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

I would love to have a glass of wine but I don't dare because of the effects and the way it makes me feel. Research candida...it would cause the symptoms you have.

Closed Thread