It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
(female)

katyhilton HB User
Relief for CFIDS related photophobia??

My sensitivity to light is unbearable. I reallllly want to be able to get on my computer or watch TV ( I'm using phone - not as harsh but still annoying). Isn't there a fix? I am so aggrivated by feeling confined to one room in the dark. This is the epitome of boredom. Anyone?

If there was a cfs support group would anyone actually show up? Someone suggested I looked for one and I was just thinking "I can't leave my room... Why would I leave my house for a cfs support group?" that would be a fun bunch I'm sure. I'll do it... But we all meet in my room. Pajamas acceptable attire. Bring your own pillow. We can all nap together on my king size bed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
(male)

reallyjohn HB User
Re: Relief for CFIDS related photophobia??

You might want to try pin hole glasses as they reduce the brightness and glare. Do an internet search for "pin hole glasses" to get an idea of how they work. You should be able to get them in your local pharmacy or health food shop,if not, then certainly online.You dont need a flash pair- should only cost about $25.They are awkward at first but you quickly get used to them.
The other thing u shouldnt be doing is watching tv or computer in a dark room. This would make anyones eyes worse.Get a low level light (get a lower watt lamp if necessary) positioned away from the tv/computer- either the ceiling light or a light placed behind you.
For anyone who is getting close to wearing glasses to see the computer, try enlarging the screen by hooking up to a large PC monitor-they are getting up to 30 inches which is double the average computer size. Better still, is hooking the PC up to a good 42 inch LCD TV that is computer compatible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
(female)

katyhilton HB User
Re: Relief for CFIDS related photophobia??

Thanks. My doc kept telling me the gamma globulen iv therapy will help a bunch... But still waiting on insurance to give green flag. She suggested I see an opthalmologist that specializes... But he is a 40 min drive. Should get response from insurance this week. At this point... I'm gonna just keep my eyes shut and see what happens with gamma globulen. I can't drive... I can't be in public right now. It's gotten too bad... The neurological stuff is just too much. I walk and talk like a drunk. Uughh... Oh well. Could be worse.

Closed Thread