It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
(female)

JuggaGirl HB User
Chronic fatigue.. normal thyroid results

Hi there, I am a 25 y.o. mother of 4 (ages 7, 5, 5, & 3). Yes, very busy life with work and children, but have always had a problem with being extremely fatigued for at least half of my life. When I was 14, I was diagnosed with Lupus... later to have a 2nd opinion and being told that I didn't need to be on all the medication because I was just depressed. Long story short, I am so fatigued allllll the time. I feel like I never have any energy to get through the day!

I went to my family dr. with this problem and told him that I feel like I am moving in slow motion while everyone is zipping around me and could sleed for 12+ hours NEVER FEELING REFRESHED! Also, I have a terrible problem with concentration. He told me that I have ADD and prescribed me with Adderall. I am up to 20 mg once in the morning for that. It helps get me going a little bit and helps with SOME concentration after about 40 minutes of taking it, but then it's like I crash and am back to square one. I've tried limiting the number of hours I sleep but can't find a happy medium.

I went to my Endo docotor and had a thyroid uptake and scan done (after a trip to the ER for the stomach flu, where they found my thyroid levels to be low). Test results came back normal, along with blood work, and I'm just at my wits end! I feel like I'm going crazy here! I have all these symptoms, but no name for what is going on!!!

~Extreme Fatigue no matter how much rest I get
~Hands and Feet are cold all the time
~Very low heat and cold weather intolerance
~My hand shake/tremble as if I'm nervous or cold
~Weight loss that I can't afford (I'm 5'2" and 95 lbs). I sometimes have a decreased appetite, but basically I shouldn't be this skinny for the things and amounts I eat.
~Trouble with concentration

Anybody going through this, please share! I feel like this message board is all I have left!

The following user gives a hug of support to JuggaGirl:
CFIDS (06-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
(male)

CFIDS HB User
Re: Chronic fatigue.. normal thyroid results

could be raynaud's syndrome?

how aware of you of CFIDS? You need to educate yourself and try to eat the right diet...anti-candida diet should get you in the right direction to feel better....no cokes! Also, look into adrenal fatigue and dr. wilson...FYI I have chronic fatigue syndrome and normal thyroid results too.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

Aberlaine9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIDS View Post
could be raynaud's syndrome?

how aware of you of CFIDS? You need to educate yourself and try to eat the right diet...anti-candida diet should get you in the right direction to feel better....no cokes! Also, look into adrenal fatigue and dr. wilson...FYI I have chronic fatigue syndrome and normal thyroid results too.
I have fibromyalgia and normal thyroid results, too. I'm pretty sure I also have CFIDS, but don't have the energy to jump through the hoops to get a diagnosis.

You might want to look at your diet and check out celiac disease and problems with gluten.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

hi there,

Your thyroid results are 'good', what is good? Plenty of doctors will say they are good, because they lack the knowledge to interpret them correctly. not saying that's the case being, very well possible they are correct, but in order to be sure, I would ask them at the doctor and post them on these boards.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
(female)

Aberlaine9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa789 View Post
hi there,

Your thyroid results are 'good', what is good? Plenty of doctors will say they are good, because they lack the knowledge to interpret them correctly. not saying that's the case being, very well possible they are correct, but in order to be sure, I would ask them at the doctor and post them on these boards.
I got my test results back on January 24, 2011. Here's what they said:

Free T4: .62
TSH: .84
T3: 107

Are there other tests that should have been done? I take 60 mg of Armour each morning.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User

Hi there,

so you are a thyroid patient? just like me really thyroid patient but instead of trying to optimalize that ... Fibro can be a symptom of thyroid problems.

Do you have the normal ranges going with the thyroid bloodwork? I'm not familiar with the ranges over there. Some people do and others don't do well on Armour and some need some T4 next to their armour. I tend to think your symptoms still could be caused by your thyroid not properly supplemented, maybe you can also make a thread in the thyroid part?

good luck!

Closed Thread