It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
(male)

xtremx HB User
Does any of this sound like CFS

Hello everyone. Please forgive the question (just getting fed-up with doctors)

For around 2 years now have been suffering for stress/anxiety and in the last 5 months panic attacks.
I am male 39 & overweight by a few stone (sorry to say cannot lose weight have tried but find it hard to find the energy to)

Also have been told i have costochondritis and have been treated for that for a few years now.
If i list my systoms hopefully they may help
Stress/Anxiety + Panic Attacks.
Difficulty falling asleep & Staying asleep (sometimes waking 10-20 times a night) Try to sleep 7-8 hours.
Constant sleepiness during the day find it hard to keep eye open untill i drift off
Costochondritis
Heaviness in the legs and generally all over arms and upper bady (find that it is more comfitable to walk stooped over) as trying to stay up right is tiring.
Get fatigue easy ie playing with the kids after a few mins.
Constant aches in the muscles mainly chest/arms/legs.
Sinus headaches.
Seen to have sinus issuse constant feeling of blocked.
Aso when i wake always having to hack up brown/green mucus off my chest (dont smoke have never).
This is a bugger fasciculations/Twitching mainly in the calfs but also the thigh and elbow sometimes worse with over use.
Joint aches in the hand/wrist/ankles.
And a strange one can nolonger drink alcohol (used to drink alot a few years back) have not had alcohol for 5 months now as when i have had even 1 pint it would take me a few days to recover would just stay in bed and try to recover.

As i said a bit fed-up with doctors so any help would be good

Last edited by xtremx; 06-15-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User
Re: Does any of this sound like CFS

Hello,

How exactly does alcohol effect you? Describe your feelings during and after you drink.

Regards, Brenden.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
(male)

xtremx HB User

Hello Brenden, I will try to explain (first would like to say that is a very good question).

1st would say i used to be a very social drinker up to around Jan 2011 but then after that would pop into my local but found that would order a bottle of brown ale but found during drinking it it was as if i got an overload on my senses IE would start to get very warm,dizzy and it would feel as if i had gained a vast amount of weight legs heavy (would kind of relate it to a panic attack)would end up leaving about half a bottle and try making my way home.

After wards would feel as if i had been on a massive drinking spree IE tired,heavy feeling and come next day would wake-up feeling okish but would walk into my local town ok but then it would hit me again would feel tight chested, legs heavy, brain feeling foggy, lightheaded (would say again as if i had a drinking spree) then it would be get home and rest for a few days to recover.
Then the last time i ever had a drink was all the same feelings but the major difference was the next day i felt so bad i was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack (heaviness chest, arm, headache, all left-side pulse had gone to 130, bp 154/137) Was put down to a major panic attack but have never found out that much after.

But from what i can look back on roughly everytime in the lasf few months running up to the last time i have had a drink (maybe 1 or 2) it has started taking longer and longer to recover.

Hope this is clear as i am not a great one for explaining things.

Chris

Must add as from when i was sent to hospital i am now scared to drink alcohol and any food stuff that contains it (sounds strange for me to say that as years ago i was drinking every day)

Last edited by xtremx; 06-15-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: add info

Old 06-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the explanation. I no longer have a tolerance for alcohol either, which was why I asked. Mine started as a feeling of abdominal tightness or "stiches" feeling, the feeling you get when you exercise or do too much after eating. I can no longer tolerate the alcohol. My symptoms would ease up if I laid down, but the last time I tried drinking I got very flushed and uneasy so I figured, forget it.

I too have had hypertensive spikes such as you described. After googling until I can't take it anymore, I have come across some things that can do it, though I don't know if they apply to you. You may want to research them and suggest them to your doctor. One is a tumor on the adrenal gland. It's rare and benign, called a pheochromocytoma, you can read about it online. Another thing are certain other tumors that can release chemicals that cause these nutty spikes, etc. These conditions are rare, but worth thinking about. I've had a number of tests and so far am still searching. I used to be able to work all day, but now can only work a few hours and I am done. I am a painter and have to go up and down ladders all day. How is your resting heart rate and blood pressure? Does your pulse go up alot when doing mild exercise? You gave your weight in "stone" but Yanks this side of the pond don't know what that means...lol....

Regards, Brenden.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
(male)

xtremx HB User

Hi i am about 17 kilos over weight,

How is your resting heart rate and blood pressure? heart rate around 65 and bp around 117/80

And yes pulse rate goes up to around 110-130 and takes its time to come down

The alcohol thing is really strange.

At the moment i am trying to self treat as dont have alot of faith in the doctors after they tried to push me onto antidepressants (telling me that all their friends take them and it was the in thing).

So i use saint johns wort and take garlic & codliver oil and about to start L-Carnitine < edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-15-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
(female)

LolaMadeline HB User

We don't do kilos either! <g> I do know a stone is 14 pounds, as I read on MumsNet, which is an English site. So if you are a few stone overweight, say 4 stones, that is 56 pounds.
I'm researching CFS for a friend. It's interesting. Do you think it differs from fibromyalgia?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
(male)

wigs123 HB Userwigs123 HB User

Hello Chris,
I have cfs and have a lot of the symptoms you have. Alchol affected me about the same. I would have symptoms of a heart attack. Chest pain, pain down my left arm, dizziness, etc. Since I quit drinking I haven't had that problem. Speed really effects me. If I try and do things fast or quick. That's why you probably get exhausted when you play with your kids. Your moving fast. Getting as much air supply in me as I can helps. If I get a plugged up nose I feel worse. Once I get it unplugged I feel a lot better. I use a nasal flush at night about an hour before I go to bed and use a nasal strip. This helps me get more air. Also help me sleep better. I have twitches too. They used to be really bad. Since I started doing the nasel flush and nasal strips I don't get them as often. If I was having a really bad day I would do the nasal flush and nasal strip during the day. My anxiety was really high too. It took me a while to figure out why people with cfs have high anxiety. For me, my cfs is deabilitating. If i was doing something (grocery shopping, work, etc.) I could instintly get exhausted and not have the energy to complete it. I did a thread "things that helped me with cfs" there might be somethings in there that coould help you. I wrote it pretty quick to try and help people suffering from this. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
God bless, wigs.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Hi Wigs,

Just wanted to see how you are doing. Things are still the same for me. Still no diagnosis, just bills.

Regards, Brenden.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
(male)

wigs123 HB Userwigs123 HB User

Hi Brenden,
I'm sorry to hear nothing has changed for you. Not knowing what is going on is hard. I was so relieved when I was finally diagnosed even though they couldn't do anything about it. I at least had a starting point. What I learned that helped me was from the internet and I kept figuring out how my body was reacting to things I did or didn't do. One of the things I was persistent with was I didn't believe there was nothing I couldn't do about it because I figured there has to be a reason why one second I can feel fine and the next second I feel like crap. I've improved so much from where I was even 6 months ago I find it pretty amazing. I've been working on another thread to post that explains things better that I did to try and help people. A lot of the things I take or do that I posted on my thread I don't awlays notice a difference now. I was in such bad shape before when I did them I could tell the difference almost immediately. If you have any questions about anything or just need to chat don't hesitate.

Joe

Closed Thread