It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
(female)

Alittlemouse HB User
Opinions from people diagnosed with CFS

During the summer of 2008 I got sick with what I thought was the flu. I'm (was not), a person who went to the doctor very often. I didn't go, but simply toughed out my illness. I wish I hadn't as I haven't felt the same since. I would suffer from fatigue but it was fairly manageable.

August 2009 I began having dizzy spells. I would lose balance frequently. I had arrhythmia along with wretched fatigue and body aches and horrible headaches. I ended up quitting my job in February of 2010 because working was too much. I needed rest.

I began going to the doctor who ran lots of tests. They all came back normal and so did my MRI. She sent me to a Rhuematologist who suggested I might have fibromyalgia. Upon running a vitamin D test my levels were found to be 19. I was given 50,000 units of D3 once a week for six weeks. My D levels didn't raise, in fact they dropped to 17! My doctor said nothing my fibromyalgia possible diagnosis was dropped and I was told I had vitamin D deficiency.

After the 50,000u a week I took 5000u a day. My vitamin D levels rose to 26 and my doctor told me she had no idea what my problem was and told me I should go see a psychiatrist. I was still suffering from fatigue etc etc

She had referred me to a neurologist who began treating me for my headaches, but really hasn't been much help other than that.

I go through periods of extreme fatigue, dizziness, joint pain, mental dullness, confussion, etc etc

I decided to try and find a new doctor and went through two before settling on the one I have now. He did another D test and despite the fact that I take 5000u of D3 a day and have been spending a great deal of time in the sun, my vitamin D levels are back down to 19. All of my other tests are perfectly normal.

Does anyone here have problems with vitamin D and still have a diagnosis of CFS? It seems to me that though I feel worse when my levels are lower I still feel wretched when my levels are closer to normal.

I feel so frustrated and upset and tired and tired and tired and tired. I can't take this anymore. CFS seems to be the only thing that fits though my new Dr says he hates the label and wants to find a reason for the fatigue. I know when I see him again he's going to say its just the vitamin D and send me on my way with another 50,000u prescription and likely a referral to a psych..

Can anyone give me any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread