It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
(female)

Luna94 HB User
I don't know what to do anymore....

I don't know what I have. I haven't got a diagnosis and I don't think I ever will. About 7 years ago I got very sick, could barely get out of bed and had a sore in my mouth. I found out I had herpes simplex 1 and the doctor told me that that the fatigue would go away. Well it didn't exept for during my 2 pregancies. Ever since I've been having all kinds of symptoms and everytime I go to the doctor and I tell them my symptoms (fatigue, feeling cold all of the time, brain fog, swollen and red pinky, neck swollen on right side, visual changes, dzziness, muscle spasms, ringing in ears, inflammed sinus (left), neck and upper back pain, jaw pain, headaches for everyday for two years- just to name a few) they always think I have either diabetes or hypothyroidism but the tests always come back normal. Then it's like they don't want to look any further, they send me to physical therapy. The pain and the fatigue never goes away and I am so fustrated now. The last doctor I went to said that I have to deal with these problems on my own. I got upset and yelled at her so she suggested I see a neurologist; then she sent me a letter today saying that the neurologist doesn't think I need to be seen by him/her. Now I am being referred to a pain clinic. I don't know what else I can do. I watch my diet, I exercise regulary as much as I can (I have to pace myself becuase I get worse sometimes afterwards). I don't work. I live in Europe and I enrolled myself for a language course and even that was too much for me. I have problems speaking in english let alone another language (I always forget words while I'm speaking). This is ruining my life. I have two children and I have no energy. I don't work and people think I'm lazy and living off of the system (some parents at my children's pre-school won't even talk to me anymore). I don't want to live like this .

The following user gives a hug of support to Luna94:
jenj770 (06-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
(female)

suek1000 HB User
Re: I don't know what to do anymore....

Hi,

Do you know what your ferritin level is?

Old 06-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
(female)

Luna94 HB User

Thanks for the replies.

jenj770- I was tested for lyme disease in August 2010. It came back negative. When my docotr mentioned it to me I thought it could have been a possibility.

suek1000- Ferritin levels are in normal range. I was tested twice and got a 40 the first time and a 50 the second time, test ranges (10-130). My hemoglobin is always low normal 119, test range (117-153). I take an iron supplement, however I see no change. Sometimes my MCV or MCHC level falls below normal.

Basically because my CRP is normal no doctor will be believe how I feel. I have read that for example people who have arthritis and periodontitis have higher CRP values (I have both). However my CRP was never higher than a 3, test range (<3). I give up. I'm done with doctors.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
(female)

suek1000 HB User

Have you had your dhea tested? Low dhea appears to cause significant fatigue. I'm looking into that now. I have heard that it is desirable to have your ferritin greater than 75. You might want to work at increasing yours to that level.

The Following User Says Thank You to suek1000 For This Useful Post:
Luna94 (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
(female)

Luna94 HB User

Thanks for the tip. I have to look in to DHEA and how to increase ferrintin.

Closed Thread