It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

heretohelp13 HB Userheretohelp13 HB User
Future?

Hi I have this constant thought in my head and wanted to know if anyone can relate?

Unfortunetly I've suffered from CFS since 2005 (after a bout with mono) and although I have good and bad days....I am definetly not the same person I was or never will be (I've already accepted this fact!). I've learned to create a pretty good schedule of life and rest so life is bearable.

Anyways, I'm also not married yet. Of course I'd like to be (like most women) but just the thought of having to use more energy and have less time to "rest" (when I rest I need to be alone and relaxing) seems impossible. I wouldn't want to burden my future husband by telling him I'm "too tired" all the time.

I know I'd have to do more (do activities with the significant other, kids, etc.) It kind of hurts to know this dream of mine seems impossible.

The following user gives a hug of support to heretohelp13:
d3r3k (07-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
(male)

d3r3k HB User
Re: Future?

Find someone with similar problems.... They have dating sites for old people, people with health problems,people with STD's, why not for people with CFS? Just a thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User
Re: Future?

Hi Heretohelp, I have CFS also--I just wanted to tell you to that you will achieve your dream of marrying and having a wonderful life!

I know how much we need to rest gets in the way alot of times, but when you fall in love with someone and he loves you unconditionally--he will understand your needs and want you to get your rest and keep up your strength.

My husband is terrific with my situation, I have other health problems as well and he understands. After working all week, I have to pretty much sleep and rest all of Saturday--he just goes and does his thing. He tries to help me in any way he can when I am ill.

You will find the right man and he will understand and let you go at your own pace, too.
Your dream is not impossible!!

Closed Thread