It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
(male)

xyz120 HB User
Fatigue, Spaced Out Feeling, Muscle Weakness

Hello, I have been feeling unwell for almost 8 years now and things continue to get worse. I have seen no improvement over this time, just a steady decline in my health.

It all started with fatigue, and feeling spaced out all the time which worsened over the years. In February of 2010 things started to get worse for me. I got really dizzy for about 2 months straight, earache, felt really disoriented all the time and had several consecutive sinus colds.

A couple of months later I started developing numerous other symptoms which include the following:

Dizzy, wozziness, off balance feeling
• Feeling spaced out all the time, like my eyes don't focus
• Concentration is terrible, brain fog all the time
• Feeling of pressure in my head
• Eye floaters
• Eye pain
• Light sensitivity
• After images (especially when reading off a computer screen… if I look away I will see the text faintly on the wall for example)
• Tinnitus
• Dull ear ache feeling off and on
• No energy at all, feeling fatigued all the time, yawning all day long
• Muscle twitching, weakness and pain

All my symptoms are causing me problems, but the biggest thing is I'm constantly feeling run down and have no energy. My muscles are so weak I have a hard time even standing for more than a couple of minutes or holding my arms up.

I was on benzodiazapines for several years for insomnia problems but have since stopped, thinking they were causing more harm to my body. I have been off these for over a year now, but I'm not sure if they can cause long lasting problems like these.

Tests that I have had done:

MRI of Cervical and lumbar spine – disc degeneration and bulge
CT and MRI of head – normal
EEG – normal
Blood Panel – normal except ESR and CRP have been high-normal
Heavy metals - normal
Lyme Disease – tested negative (ELISA and Igenex)
Neurologist - Did standard assessment and said everything was fine
Sleep Study - Moderate sleep apnea (been on CPAP for several months - no help)

I know most people will say to stop worrying about things so much but the truth is I’m not really worried… I feel more relaxed now than I have the last 8 years of my life… however I can tell there is physically something wrong with my body and can feel myself slowly fading away. I know there is something wrong that hasn’t been identified yet. If I have to live with this stuff the rest of my life then I can deal with it, I just want to know what’s going on. If anyone has any comments please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
(male)

Krazy1 HB User
Re: Fatigue, Spaced Out Feeling, Muscle Weakness

Dude! I have had almost EXACTLY the same thing going on since Oct 2002. Mine got worse this year on June 18th when I collapsed at work. All the docs say I'm fine. Going to see a physical therapist tomorrow to see if my neck pain is causing all this. I'm very skeptical but I'm about at the end of my rope. Last doc said it sounds like migraines. But instead of manifesting in a headache, I get really woozy. Wish I had some answers for ya. Good luck.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

CheryleM HB User

Demand a cortisol test and thyroid funtion tests

Old 09-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Thanks for the replies. I am undergoing 6 months treatment for Lymes disease even though I tested negative to see how I respond to that. I also just got tested today for my testosterone, cortisol, t3 and t4. My tsh has always been normal but I asked for more specific thyroid tests. Hopefully this will provide some answers.

Thanks.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
(female)

CheryleM HB User

I am very curious to see what you cortisol results are.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #6
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Do you suspect that that is causing some of these issues? I also did the saliva cortisol and dhea test which I am awaiting results on. So between that and the cortisol serum test it should tell me one way or another.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
(female)

CheryleM HB User

I feel A LOT OF WHAT YOU FEEL AND MY CORTISOL WAS .8 !!! I AM STILL STRUGGLING AND IT IS TOUGH TO GET A DOCTOR TO ADDRESS OR EVEN TREAT THE ISSUE.
I TRULY FEEL UR PAIN AND I'M SORRY IT'S BEEN YEARS FOR YOU. I FULLY INTEND ON RESOLVING THIS MATTER AND WOULD LOVE TO SHARE THE EXPERIENCE WITH YOU.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #8
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Well I will for sure let you know when i get the results back.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Labs are back.

Cortisol 5.92 (Dr. said this was high)
Testosterone 8.8 (very low)
TSH 1.4
T4 19
T3 5.2

Do do these numbers look like? Dr. is recommending testosterone therapy.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #10
(female)

CheryleM HB User

i typed a huge post to you about your numbers and i am.
Not seeing it here? Did u receive it?

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Hi CheryleM, no I did not receive that post. I would appreciate it if you took the time to do it again I need all the help I can get.

Can you tell me what symptoms you are experiencing?

I just got some more labs on Friday which showed my DHEA quite high at 32 (reference range being 4 to 15 ng/ml).

Old 09-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
(female)

CheryleM HB User

I was on benzodiazapines for several years for insomnia problems but have since stopped, thinking they were causing more harm to my body. I have been off these for over a year now, but I'm not sure if they can cause long lasting problems like these.

Benzos will cause Memory los/ Dementia over time wise choice!!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone has any other ideas. I'm still experiencing all the above symptoms and some of them are progressively getting worse. My biggest problem now seems to be pretty extreme muscle fatigue. It's the burning point of failure type of fatigue you would feel when you're lifting heavy weights... except I get this doing simple things like brushing my teeth, walking up the stairs, peeling vegetables... pretty well anything.

If anyone has any other thoughts I would appreciate it. Not sure if this sounds like CFS or not?

Thanks.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #14
(male)

daniel196 HB User

I have the same symptoms over 5 years.

Did you think about Yeast Infection (Candidiasis) at all.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
(female)

mare50 HB User

I have had CFS for 30 yrs. and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2011, from which the rheumatologist ordered a sleep study finding me with severe apnea, and I use a CPAP also. I don't ever remember having dizziness all these years like you & some of the writers here. I would recommend seeing an otolaryngologist to check you inner ear for balance, & also Minere's disease. No one has any ability to diagnose us with CFS from a test because there isn't one yet. I went to emergency two differnect times and all the MRI's and blood tests, etc. came out normal. So nothing is identified for CFS yet. But we know ourselves just by the symptoms, & I've had all your symptoms & more except for the ear ones, enough to know for sure that it's CFS. My other advice is to go to a rheumatologist to get diagnosed for Fibro, because now that has recently come to be acknowledged by the government so people can apply for Social Security Disability if they cannot work. I am one of the fortunate people who receive it, applying for Fibro & CFS. All the best.

Closed Thread