It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Question nuvigil for fatigue?

hello everyone,
has anyone tried nuvigil and did it work for u and did u have any side effects????
i have been having cronic fatigue for yrs and the dr just dont seem to listen...i have tried the b12 shots plus the pills, vitamens, 5 hr energy and energy drinks.. nothing helps. im also way over weight.. i have lost 60 lbs, 2 different times and and gained it back, but still had no energy..im having a hard time getting motivated to get the weight off bc i just have no energy or no motivation..i also take meds for depression, like pristiq 50 mg during the day and trazodone 100mg at night bc i cant sleep, plus a zanax sometimes... i also have low thyroid n tak meds for that.... well finally after going to the dr yesterday, she wants me to try nuvigil 150 mg. first 10 days i take half a pill then i start taking the whole pill..

Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User
Re: nuvigil for fatigue?

I will start taking it tomorrow. My doctor said some people only need to take a sliver of it to get the effect. I'm starting out with a tiny amount, less than 1/4 of a pill, and hoping that's all I need.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Julie,

Our symptoms are almost identical! I have been taking Provigil (nuvigil was more expensive) for a while now (200 mg) but only on days when I really need it because it can cause me to have a headache later in the day sometimes. It works well. If I break it in half I can still take a nap! Taking the whole thing almost makes me feel normal for a while. I'd give it a try. Some folks lose weight (not me).

Last edited by noevr; 10-13-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: forgot something :)

The following user gives a hug of support to noevr:
melody1 (10-24-2011)
Old 10-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
(female)

melody1 HB User

I hope you continue to feel better. Good luck.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:42 AM   #5
(female)

dzeldaz HB User

I am diagnosed with narcolepsy. I have never heard of taking a sliver of Provigil. I take 250 mg. daily and do not get headaches. Full disclosure - I am a migraine sufferer and I do take a migraine preventive. I had to try Nuvigil when our insurance was switched. It did nothing! Thankfully, we were able to switch insurance companies again. Provigil is less expensive and my doctor told me most of his patients preferred it after I told him I didn't like Nuvigil.

I initially lost weight on Provigil. Most people I know who take it lose weight initially and then the effect wears off.

Julie, this may sound dumb, but have you been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? My friend was ill with CFS and it took months for her to feel better. I just did some quick research. Have you been tested for Lyme? I also found specific foods and diets (more like healthy ways to eat) specifically for CFS. I entered chronic fatigue diet in the search bar. As frustrating as it is, weight loss is a big factor in health.

I truly hope you are on the road to feeling better.

Closed Thread