It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
(male)

wigs123 HB Userwigs123 HB User
Nutritional yeast - major improvement

I had some nutritional yeast with my dinner 4 days ago and the next morning I felt great. No morning blahs. I had it with lunch and dinner each day since and I feel great. Was just a little tired for a short period, otherwise I been going and doing things without any problem all 3 days. Nutritional yeast contains b12. I read some people take b12 shots. Also read vegetarians eat nutritional yeast to help them get their protein. Maybe that's why it helped me. I hope this wasn't a premature post in that I keeping feeling this way and that this will help someone else.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
(male)

Brodie179 HB User
Re: Nutritional yeast - major improvement

Joe,

Is the nutritional yeast still working for you? If so, where did you get it? What brand? I'd like to try it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
(male)

Hi Brodie,
How you doing. Yeah, I'm still using the nutritional yeast. I went down after those 3 days. I was going like crazy because I felt so good. I bounced back nice after a couple of days. I do seem to feel better when I take it. I've been a lot more active these days. I hope this helps you. Let me know.
Joe

Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
(male)

Sorry Brodie,
I forgot to tell you where I get it. Any natural food store should have it. Where I go I just fill up a container. There are name brands I don't know what the difference between them is. If you haven't tried the Bio-Strath you should really try that. Look that up on the internet.

The Following User Says Thank You to wigs123 For This Useful Post:
Brodie179 (11-23-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
(male)

Brodie179 HB User

Thanks again, Joe.

I'm still having my ups and downs. But, I found a medical group near my hometown that specializes in CFIDS/Lyme and hormonal imbalances. I'm hopeful they'll be able to narrow down the cause of my CFIDS so I can tailor my treatment. Apparently, they perform better and more comprehensive blood tests. We'll see...

So, I'm a little confused about yeast. Dr. Teitlebaum's book and other sources on CFS draw a connection between "yeast overgrowth" and CFS. But you and many others (now that I've searched for it) say nutritional yeast can help. Are we talking about different types of yeast here?

Sorry. Hope you don't mind all the questions.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
(male)

Hi Brodie,
I looked up yeast overgrowth. To me it didn't look anything related to nutritional yeast. Keep the questions coming. They can end up helping me, you and anyone else that's reading these. If your lookiing at what to eat and not eat, besides junk food I didn't try and eliminate anything. I would eat anything and added heathier things to my diet. My thinking is that I had lost of appetite and by not eating my body wasn't getting what it needed which made me worse. After a while of forcing myself to eat I was getting hungry all the time even after I just got done eating. I would keep eating then because I figured my body was asking for more things to try and get better. The nutritional yeast seems to be giving something my body needs and I'm not going to argue with it (ha). Good luck with the medical group. Let me know how it goes.
Joe

Old 11-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
(male)

Brodie179 HB User

Thanks Joe.

I agree with you about diet/eating. OTOH, I'm reading a book of stories about peoples' recovery from CFS, and one of the most common themes is avoiding processed foods and refined sugars. I'm following that philosophy now, but within reason. I figure, it couldn't hurt to eat healthier--I always intended to anyway. But, I'm not going to try any aggressive detox diets or all-protein diets...at least not without medical advice.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
(female)

Sweety2002 HB User

Nutritional yeast is different than yeast that one bakes with. Make sure that if you do get the nutritional yeast, that it is in fact "NUTRITIONAL" and not "BAKERS" yeast.

I tried it before and I didn't notice a difference at all. But I get monthly B12 shots anyway.

I'm adding this in for anyone who wants to try it that is not familiar with it. Before loading it into a recipe, just try a few flakes of it. It's got a nice taste to it, but one can easily overpower a recipe by using a lot of it. I noticed that it has a strong aftertaste if too much is used.

Closed Thread