It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
(female)

sincitysoul HB User
Question Could this be CFS?

To start this post off, I'm a 21-year old female. Generally, I've been a fairly healthy person.

I've had digestive issues my entire life. Struggled with dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea and cramping stomach pains for afew years now - but am not currently on any medications as these symptoms very rarely cause me great stress.

About a year ago, I began getting nauseaus and lightheaded again. I chalked this up to dehydration (which is a common problem w/ my bro and I). About the same time, I noticed my hair began falling out a bit more. It wasn't as though I was waking up with clumps of hair on my pillow, but when I brushed my hair or just ran my fingers through it, I noticed a bit more coming out than I'm comfortable with. My mom said it was probably because I always have my hair pulled back. Recently (within the past month), I've noticed that I am extremely tired and 'achy' all of the time. It doesn't matter if I go to be at 9-10pm or 3-4am, I find myself not waking up until 12-12:30 pm (even with an alarm clock and someone waking me up). and I ache - like when you have the flu and are just kind of 'bleh'.

Do those symptoms sound like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
(male)

Brodie179 HB User
Re: Could this be CFS?

Sin,

It *could* be CFS, but CFS shares symptoms with many, many other illnesses. Could be gluten alergy (or some other alergy), an auto immune disorder (there are hundreds), anemia, vitamin deficiency, hormone imbalance, or dozens of other possibilities. It's usually a frustrating process trying to get a diagnosis, but if it's affecting your life enough, you just need to start going to doctors and ruling out the possibilities out one-by-one, blood test-by-blood test, until you can get a diagnosis.

I really, really hope it's not CFS. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Many of your symptoms also sound like hypothyroidism. This is easy to have tested, and to treat, if this is the problem. I would make sure a thyroid panel is included when you have your blood work done, which was suggested by the previous poster.

Jen

Old 02-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

LHCTom HB User

You haven't provided enough information for anyone to give you a competent answer. At a very gross level with what little info you have provided - no it doesn't sound like CFS. Get some thorough blood tests to rule out things like hypothyroid.

Closed Thread