It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
(female)

Borealis30 HB User
Post viral diagnosis with chronic pain but not tired!

Hi

I've recently been diagnosed with post infection syndrome after severe gastroenteritis that lasted four months. It's been around four months since I first got the infection symptoms. However I'm in desperate need of advice as the doctors have firmly said I do not have m.e. (absolutely no sense of tiredness above normal, no headaches, light sensitivity etc.) and I don't feel I fit the normal post viral symptoms either (no nausea, dizziness, tiredness etc.)

What I do have is a bunch of neurological symptoms, most of which seem to have passed (I hope): burning or tingling in the fingertips and some toes, muscle twitches, pins and needles. The other problems are muscular. I have awful muscle pain in all four limbs. Two rheumatologists have examined me a number of times and have ruled out fibromyalgia. The pain is awful and seems to get worse the more I try and do.

A week ago i finally noticed some improvement. I can stand for a few minutes and walk a little more before the pains in my legs start to become worse, and for a few days I felt a lot better with much less pain and was able to do more. Alas I dipped back after five days and the pain is a bit worse again.

I am desperate to hear from someone who had similar problems as to how they recovered. I am hoping the run of good days finally indicates the start of my recovery but how do I hold on to that? Do I continue to do nothing when I start to feel a little better or does the body have to be pushed to remind it that I would like to be able to do more now?

Really would appreciate your thoughts. I have conflicting advice from my g.p. and rheumatologist on this. Should I just gently increase and ride out the dips afterwards? Thanks so much! P.s. happy stories only please! My rheumatologist is convinced this will burn itself out and the only thing I have is my hope right now so pls. need to hear from those with positive outcomes. Thanks so much in advance! Xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
(male)

phillys1 HB User
Re: Post viral diagnosis with chronic pain but not tired!

I too have the same problems,the pain just came out of no where. I went to the doctor and got an MRI and bloodwork done but everything was normal. I just dont understand where the pain is coming from. Its been a least 6 months now and still no answer or solution, Im just hoping i dont have to live with this for the rest of my life. I just turned 21 and all i can think to myself is..(Some birthday gift). I just wanna know where i went wrong or what i did to get this pain, Im in college, I dont smoke but i do drink alittle. Plz can somebody HELP.

Reply Reply