It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
(female)

Borealis30 HB User
Post viral fatigue but not tired

Hi there

After very thorough testing (MRI, several rounds of bloods, chest x-ray, ECG all clear) I have been diagnosed with post infection fatigue after a severe stomach bug.The stomach symptoms lasted almost four months but have now totally cleared up. However I have had post infection symptoms for almost as long. My rheumatologist said he has seen this many times and that the prognosis is good for someone my age (30) at 6-12 months until recovery, but with a lot of research I can't find anyone with a similar case to mine.†

I assumed that post infection fatigue must be the same thing as post viral fatigue but most cases mention lack of energy and tiredness as a key symptom whereas I do not feel particularly tired. M.E. was also ruled out as i don't feel tired but the migratory pains and muscle pain following the smallest of †activities sounds very similar.†

My main symptoms are muscle pain in each limb, joint pain in the knees, elbows and fingers, and nerve †symptoms such as burning pains in fingertips and toes, pins and needles and the occasional muscle twitch. fibromyalgia has been ruled out several times as I have never had pain in any of the sensitive spots used to diagnose it, most notably no back, neck or chest pain.†

The symptoms get worse the more I do so I am really restricted to bed most of the time. I had the first green shoots of possible recovery a week ago when I was able to walk a little further without pain but since then I have slumped. I am searching for someone who had a similar experience after an infection and who recovered? Please, positive stories only please as hope is so important with this thing. I feel so alone with this as it seems so unusual and because I have no-one to relate to it can be hard to explain to people why I can't do things. Anytime I try to push through this the pain gets even worse.

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
chronic fatigue, post viral, post viral neuropathy