It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
(male)

JasonM8 HB User
Question Chronic fatigue is destroying my life... help!

Hello everyone, fyi this is my first post in these forums.

I'm male, 20 yrs old, 6' tall, 150lbs (est. 15lbs underweight). I've been lifting weights or at least trying to bodybuild for 7 years, and have only gone from 120 - 158.

I have been on unemployment for 2+ years, so I'm probably depressed cuz of that, but I think the main reason is I dont have the energy to go look for a job. I hired a temp agency to look for me so I can stay on UI benefits, and go to interviews whenever they set them up for me.

I'm a straight A student, but when I'm not studying or doing something exciting, I feel like I'm in a "mental fog". I'm definately an adrenaline junky - skydiving, martial arts, snowboarding, & shooting are my favorite activities. But when I'm not doing them, I'm bored & feel half-dead. Could this be an adrenaline problem?

My sleep schedule has been in absolute disarray since I was a kid. I would go to bed at 10pm & wake up at 8am. But ever since high school I'd sleep from 10am-12pm, or I'd drink energy drinks to stay awake until 3pm, then nap until 5pm.

Now, it's completely random. I typically will sleep 11-14 hours, stay up for 6-24 hours, then sleep for 4-10 hours, and so on.

If my sleep is interupted (by dog, dreams, family, neighbors... pretty much every night), I feel like it contributes heavily to my sleep debt. I'll sleep for 11 hours, but if it's interupted, it feels like I've only slept 4-6 hours!

I'm so sick of wasting my life away sleeping, and I'm sure my friends & girlfriend arent impressed with my lack of energy / exaustion. I feel pathetic.

All my ambitions require I be in good health, and get by on 4-8 hrs of sleep per night for years on end (military, college, sports).

Any ideas of what might be wrong with me?

Last edited by JasonM8; 03-30-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Mispelling, forgot important details

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User
Re: Chronic fatigue is destroying my life... help!

unfortuneately, Fatigue/Sleepiness/Exhaustion/Feeling Run down is a symptom of MANY things.

CFS is usually a last line "I don't know what is wrong with you" diagnosis.

I would advise you (I'm no doctor) to first visit with your primary care physician and have a full CBC panel done. Have them check anemia, thyroid, vitamins, the works. While doing this I would look at things in your life that have change since this started... Diets, stressors, etc. Remember, stress has a way of wearing you down and your excessive sleep/need for more rest could be your bodies way of telling you "Take it easy for a little while" So many people don't listen to their bodies and end up in a bad place.

Good luck

Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
(female)

phoebe368 HB Userphoebe368 HB User
Re: Chronic fatigue is destroying my life... help!

I find your erratic sleep patterns to be very unusual. Have you ever undergone a polysomnography (sleep study) to assess your sleep quality? There are over 80 plus sleep disorders. You may have one of them. You can ask your primary doc for a referral to a sleep clinic to get one.

Reply Reply